1990 sn freestyle project.

zach471

square nosin
so im on a budget and currently have a bone stock sn 650. over winter im going to have group k bump my motor to a 701. i plan on putting footholds a rn pole and some bolt ons like a pipe and prop. any suggestions on what else to do. like i said im on a budget so i can buy a 701 motor and have group do it. i kinda wanna stick with a stock motor no porting , boring etc. just want enough power for some stabs and subs. maybe a roll attempt with a big enough wake. if u can help me out with some more advice and cheap modds would be much appreciated.:reporter:

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
What exactly are you having Group K do? If you just want a stock 701 instead of a 650 then sell yours and buy one. Group K doesn't need to be involved in that unless you want to hand them money to wrench for you.

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
Do some searches on that. Don't spend money converting your 6m6 motor to a 701 if that is what you mean to do. Not worth it.

My advice is to call Art at Jetworks if you want tons of advice on how to do whatever you want for the least amount of money.

Waternut

Customizing addict
My advice... if you're strapped for cash, hold off on the RN pole. In order to run the RN pole, you have to get the hazard bracket as well because the pole widths are different. Buy an ADA head instead. The head will compliment the pipe and prop.

zach471

square nosin
waternut we put a pipe and head on my buddies ski and couldnt get it to run right for crap. im scared to do that. and i want my pole to be light! how hard is it to build a pole. i can weld and i can get ahold of a pipe bender if needed.

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
waternut we put a pipe and head on my buddies ski and couldnt get it to run right for crap. im scared to do that. and i want my pole to be light! how hard is it to build a pole. i can weld and i can get ahold of a pipe bender if needed.

Did you rejet the carbs too?

piratelife

Frandsen works

A pipe and a head should be a huge gain in performance. U guys most of had something wrong.

JIIG

JIIG77
Make a hood mod!!
Sn hoods load tons of water in youre ski and weights alot!!
cut out that heavy innerline and glas a new flat one with air holes.
Block the intake on top of the hood and make new ones in the back corners.
This is a awesome mod on a Sn, and a cheap and fast one.
I lost half the weight of my hood ;-)
Think there is many threads on hoodmods on this forum.
Just do it!!!!

Top Bottom