FX-1 1994 Yamaha FX-1 winter build

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
Well I bought motoman96s Fx-1 hull. This is the second build thread for this poor ski and hopefully the last, lol.

3.jpg 4-1.jpg

Last edited:

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
I will be running a full 61x engine. I currently have the cylinders sent off to Tim at Zforceracing for porting, boring, and a new set of pistons. I already have a fx-1 pole with steering, cables, and zero degree bars. Luckily some prick already did all the dirty work of doing the pump mod and footholds, lmao! I have a 144mm pump left over from my SJ I parted and I will be putting a hooker 9/15 in there shortly. I have a ADA girdled head and a new sbn 44 that I may have Blackjacked. I will be running total loss and a new B pipe. Im undecided about the ride plate and intake but i'll do my homework. I will be painting it black with black turf and chin pad and most likely a bright silver metallic pole. I would like to get a copy of the OEM FX-1 design and have it laid in bright silver over the black paint on each side. More pics to come over the winter.

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
I've been good, I had a ski addiction relapse. I said I was done a while back but here I am again, lol. I got board quick without a ski to tinker with. It seems things have been a bit quiet over at pwct. I still check it out daily. Hows that fixed steer coming along?

Good I'm de-foamed need to buy some sheet foam for the tray then 2 part for behind the footholds glass it up and ill be done there. As for the hood I haven't started. I have a build on here too

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
Not too much progress, got all the old turf off and i'll get it down to the shop to start prepping for paint hopefully this week. Im leaning towards a silver metallic top with a black bottom now. I'll get some pics up when I start prepping and paitning it.

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
Im going with 62t cases now thanks to my brother, and dual 38 or dual 44 blackjacks instead of the 61x cases and single 44.

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
Im sure you will be, im getting a full port job now by Tim at Zforce. So thats gonna take a little longer, and I still gotta send out my carbs to Art. Today I got the superjet pump fitted to the hull, that was fun. Should have it sprayed by then end of the week.

Last edited:

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
I got some paint on it today, ive started puting some of the odds and ends back on. I'm debating whether or not to put that big plastic cover thing on that goes over the pole bracket. Opinions?
101_2350.jpg

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
I guess I should have wiped the bottom off before I took the pic, thats just dust from sanding the top.

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
Ended up having to put that plastic thing on that covers the bracket. I dont have $250 for a lowered pole bracket right now, lol. Got hammered last night and ordered some stuff from blowsion like fittings and such, also bought a hooker 9/15. Got a total loss set up on the way, my motor is still at Z force, i'll be ordering some turf on monday and my next big expense on my list is the rhaas urethane mounts and midshaft housing so i'll be able to get my motor all bolted up and my pump all squared away. I think im gonna rock this paint job for a few months, then get a wrap and lowered pole bracket.

Last edited:

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
Oh but you're not, pictures can be very decieving my friend.

Top Bottom