1st Annual Northwest Freeride Grayland open Surf competition www.graylandopen.com

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
icon14.gif
1st Annual Northwest Freeride Grayland open Surf competition. Aug. 29th 2009

Well, we've heard alot of people talk about having an event in the Northwest and how they wish someone would put one on. Well...... Here you go.

THIS EVENT IS FOR RIDERS OF ALL SKILL LEVELS!!

You don't have to be a pro to enter the competition.
There will be both sit down and stand up classes.

We have all necessary permits for a Jet ski competition in the surf @ Grayland. Everyone is welcome to enter the event, in fact we encourage all riders in the northwest and everywher else to come be a part of this event. This is an event organized and put together by riders and for riders. Grayland is the perfect venue for an event like this. If you have never been to Grayland / Westport you should definitely come check it out. We have local advertisement in place so you will all have a nice crowd to perform for. The competition is August 29th 2009 from 9-5 with an awards cerimony to follow ( very nice trophies). Sunday the 30th will be freeride for everyone to enjoy. There are miles of beach so there's room for everyone. Sunday won't be a part of the competition but a day for everyone to hang out and get some riding in. The beach at Grayland is nice, the surf is usually killer and it's always a good time. This will be a great warm up for the blowsion event.

“If you build it, they will come”

We've built the event now you all need to come enjoy and be a part of it.

I Have set up some discount hotel stay @ the Islander hotel/bar and grill. We may hold the award ceremony there. There is plenty of camping, houses to rent, and some hotels all within a few miles of the event.

We are still looking for sponsors for the event. If you know of or would like sponsor this event for some great exposure to the watercraft community, send us an e-mail graylandopen@gmail.com

To sign up for the event as a rider or to find out more info. Please visit the web site at www.graylandopen.com please don't PM me about the event. Use the e-mail we have set up graylandopen@gmail.com or ask questions on this forum. We'll watch this thread and Dayton and I will answer any questions you might have.

PLEASE SIGN UP NOW IF YOUR COMPETING SO WE CAN GET A HEAD COUNT AND SET UP THE TOURNAMENT. www.graylandopen.com

You don't have to be a member of anything. $45 Entry fee is all you have to pay to compete and support this event. All entry fees with be used to pay for permits, insurance, awards etc...

If you plan on coming to the event but won't be competing, shoot us an e-mail and let us know how many are in your party graylandopen@gmail.com . This will help us in telling the vendors how much schwag and food to bring.

Hope you can all make it to this event and look forward to a good time.

Dan Lindgren
(Harbor Dan)

Dayton Fedak
(NW Dayton) AKA Cap'n Fantasy
NORTHWEST FREERIDE

Last edited by a moderator:

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
Good you posted this Crab.. I looked and didn't see it, but obviously didn't look enough. The similar post finder found it. haha

It will be a good time! The Twin Harbors State Park is jut back up the road about 2 miles and there are a few motels in Grayland or Back in Westport (approx 5mi) there are a few motels there too. I think I will be in the toyhauler at the state park...

Last edited:

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
We also need to get something setup for anyone wanting to hang out in like westport or grayland Friday night. The Islander is nice and has pretty good food or the Local Tavern in Grayland has good food also. I will be out there Friday night as soon as I get off work. So 6ish at the latest I hope..

rasper99

Freighter wake hunter
Hey Crab, is there a way to get this posted under the events header? And the website name included in it as well? I suck at all this. Good thing I wear a good cape! ! !

The Cap'n

Thanks Matt. It took me a while to find it since I don't check in here often. Enjoy the weekend. . .

The Cap'n

Top Bottom