1st time trying barrel rolls

You really just have to go in 100% otherwise I end up with over rotated nose stabs. I got frustrated and just leaned me weight over the side and nailed the gas and steering and held on. Once you break the ice the rest gets better and better!

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
I'm no expert but when I first learned like you said it was all about commitment. I would either do what the ski needed to do, but not commit to keeping my feet locked in or vise versa. Once I committed to both things then it was super easy!

Looks like you got it! Congrats

Question for those rolling to the LEFT in surf stance. I've learned to do it left foot up front right foot in foothold. I was recently told I'm doing this backwards and should have my right foot up front left in back when rolling left. Is this true? Because my landings are really flat and hard and are starting to hurt my wrists. I feel like I'm doing something wrong..

I'm so close right now to landing one! I tried to give it another shot this past weekend but the ski was giving me problems. I'm determined though. hopefully this weekend I can land it.

Question for those rolling to the LEFT in surf stance. I've learned to do it left foot up front right foot in foothold. I was recently told I'm doing this backwards and should have my right foot up front left in back when rolling left. Is this true? Because my landings are really flat and hard and are starting to hurt my wrists. I feel like I'm doing something wrong..

It's freestyle IMO, there are certain things that will help you get it around with basic technique. If you are already landing them in this stance, then it must be working. Changing things up even after you have found a preferred style is good too, I changed my foothold position after 5 years in the same spot, wish I had done it sooner. My previous stance worked well, but now it is better.

what ive found is if your landing really hard position yourself back a little farther to get the noise up and back down.
just what ive found, looks good though!
cheers

Top Bottom