Other 2 mph racing "secret" ??????

The bottom should be blasted and the top polished. The gain is so small, at best, that fine instrumentation would be required to measure. They make them rough because its cheaper.

Last edited:
dimples work on a round object spinning as it moves.
a valve does not spin so can't see the benefit of doing that.
a kevbo said,the differences are so minuscule you'll never feel it.

vitaly

Анархия - мать порядка!
Well, I believe you can always recognize that chick with dimples. Even when it's dark and she is round.

Fro Diesel

creative control
x2

The same thing is done on the waxed surface on snowboards and skis to increase speed. The tiny grooves are put in the waxed surface by a wire brush.

I think some Olympic swimmers use a "shark textured" suit.

spent many a days in the tune shop working on skis and snowboards in Vermont. we actually have a Montana Twister machine that stone grinds the base several times to put a factory tune on a ski. Looks like little channels were cut into the base, creating air pockets. Then you roll or iron on a hot wax and scrap it off, which essentially fills those tiny pockets full of wax. It is then necessary to finish with first a brush with some metal brisels and one of smoother nylon to remove the wax from the tiny pockets created by the stone grinder. This puts the ski back to a factory tune.

If anyone has any questions about snow tuning, let me know.

The quickest way to a 2mph increase is STOP FRIGGEN EATING SO MUCH.

tom21

havin fun
valves do spin. most rockers are offset so as it depresses the valve it turns it as well.

.....In the 90`s Liquid force had a wakeboard model called fly or trip ...The HOLE bottom of wakeboard were filled with 1-2 inch holes that would keep it from sucking stuck to the water in landings and making wake pop`n easier and flatwater ridi`n easy`breazy....

Don`t remember how It ran...But people did sweet big trix on them to... : D

Last edited:

Octane_114

LeT tHe gOOd tImEs RoLL
does the same effect happen in your motors intake ports aswell? better to have a rough surface than a polished smooth one?

you want the inside polished. its fine tuning with lite hull and certin rpms. a rough but smoothed port job works well. polishing tweeking it. intake manifold you want it as smooth as you can, it flows so much better.

Octane_114

LeT tHe gOOd tImEs RoLL
I have heard that roughing up the hull by sanding the shine off of it makes it faster.....

rougher to a point makes brakes the contact from bottom of the hull and your ski is faster. if its smooth ski bottom of hull wants to stick to the water. impellers also to a certin point the rougher the surface on the impeller i hooks up better, it grabs the water alot better. i did alot of test and tune, spending of time polishing impellers then having to rough them back up.

Top Bottom