2 stroke ban-Finally got a warning

Ok soo it finally happend, im sure everyone is familiar with 2 stroke bans that are happening on federal fresh water rec. parks well here at lake mead they passed and made this ban effective jan 1 2013 and its taken all the way until yesterday to get even a warning from the rangers. So at any rate the way the law is written is that the boats eng must meet 2006 epa emissions standards. Is any 1 else having this issue anywhere else and has anybody come up with anything at all?? I realize that any 4 stroke or DI eng will not be the same as my 2 stroke but I would rather Ride than just give up what I love to do.. Any help is greatly appreciated

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Would a 2006+ Superjet meet the epa emissions standards? Has anyone done an engine swap with a Spark yet?

With a lot of work and know how you might be able to fit a kawa 650 or 750 DI onto a 701.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Have me interested in this now.. Here would be a better person to talk to. Company makes fuel injection kits for Yamaha Banshees.
http://www.bigboremotors.com/about.html
yam_banshee_kit_cheetah_cylinders_1.jpg

Does anyone know if you can direct inject your existing engine if you could figure it out, or if you can only install a direct injected engine from a doner that is already legal.

Hey fellas thnx for the replies sorry i kind of lost touch with the jetski deal since I got that warning, but to answer ur questions, yes the rangers stopped me recorded my vin and my dL# and informed me that if i was caught a second time I would be sited... As far as what the extent of that would be im not sure! And im not willing to find out! On nevada department of wild lifes website there is an explict list of the skis that are acceptable to use, all of which are sit downs that are either direct injected or 4 stroke the list is small and the engines in these boats are def not going to work. Im going to take a look at the direct injection kits but when i was researching last year there wasnt anyone that could offer anything on the 701 platform. Thnx again

your reply must be as follows....
"The ski you are riding has been grandfather in, since this was manufactured and purchased and owned prior to the ban going into place, this is not a new ski that was built after 2013 "...... ;0) work it....be square and be there

Interesting...my thoughts are it must have something to do with it being a National Park Service Lake and the Libtards that run it. The other day I was riding in a cove with a local county sheriff boat sitting in the middle. They did even bat a eye at me. All be it I am in TX tho.

Top Bottom