2 stroke ban-Finally got a warning

Hey fellas thnx for the replies sorry i kind of lost touch with the jetski deal since I got that warning, but to answer ur questions, yes the rangers stopped me recorded my vin and my dL# and informed me that if i was caught a second time I would be sited... As far as what the extent of that would be im not sure! And im not willing to find out! On nevada department of wild lifes website there is an explict list of the skis that are acceptable to use, all of which are sit downs that are either direct injected or 4 stroke the list is small and the engines in these boats are def not going to work. Im going to take a look at the direct injection kits but when i was researching last year there wasnt anyone that could offer anything on the 701 platform. Thnx again

What year is your ski? If you have a 2006 or newer SuperJet, there is a label inside on the stock airbox that says Meets 2006 (insert your year) Emmissions Standards for Marine Engines. I emailed the Head Ranger at Lake Powell awhile back here was my question and here was their response:

To whom it may concern:

We normally go up to Lone Rock Beach ( Lake Powell) each year to ride our stand up jet skis. I read about the two-stroke ban that is in effect and the 2006 emissions standards. Our two stroke stand up jet ski's are 2006 & 2008 models, both have manufacturer stickers inside the engine compartment that states "Meets 2006 Emissions Standards for Marine Engines" & "Meets 2008 Emissions Standards for Marine Engines". I want to make sure before we book our vacation to stay in Page, AZ that we will be able to ride our ski's when we enter the Lone Rock Beach Ranger Station. I would be extremely upset if we drove 5 hours from Prescott, AZ and we could not ride our stand up jet skis and wasted hundreds of dollars on a Hotel. I look forward to hearing from you and appreciate your time in replying to my email.

Sincerely,

Dan

betsy_scroggs@nps.gov; on behalf of; GLCA Carl Hayden VC, NPS <glca_carl_hayden@nps.gov>

Your PWC engines meet the 2006 emission standards for the EPA, therefore they are permitted on Lake Powell.

Glen Canyon Information Response

Glen Canyon National Recreation Area

Rainbow Bridge National Monument

PO Box 1507

Page AZ 86040

928-608-6200

www.nps.gov/glca

Here is some good reading for you:

http://www.nps.gov/lake/learn/management/twostroke.htm

Note how this is worded:
YAMAHA
"All Yamaha models 2006 and later" and the below Yamaha PWCs have an emission level compliant with 2006 EPA standards.

The ones listed below that are older models that meet the Emissions Standards:

KAWASAKI
"All Kawasaki models 2006 and later" and the below Kawasaki PWCs "except the SX-R (stand-up) (This would mean: 2003 through 2005 SXR's Not Legal)" have an emission level compliant with 2006 EPA standards.

Top Bottom