Custom/Hybrid 2 Stroke EFI

it def can be done, but if not done right it would be a reliability nightmare, the cost to do it right would be substantial. and then tuning would take some time. (not as easy as just putting a car on a chassis dyno and spending a couple hours to get it tuned :)

Last edited:

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Ive done it it works great for starting a ski but the throttle response is not that great. Plus you need to spend hours and hours and hours on fuel map tables I have the throttle body intake manifold and injectors and al the software if somebody wants to purchase them from me. Then you need to get their ALM to set your fuel to air ratio with an O2 sensor and an EGT sensor taped into the exhaust. I used a stock exhaust. The reason it doesn't work is the system draws too much power for the SXR charging system to keep up. You have about 30 to 45 minutes of ride time before the battery in you ski dies. To fix that I put an 1100 stator in an sxr to get a little more charging power and got about 10 more minutes but it still couldn't keep up. All and all in the end it works but its not as great as you might think. The ECM and EFI module aren't fast enough to compensate for choppy water and the fuel economy isn't any better if not a little worse. I have Pictures if anyone is interested. Ecotrons supplies the EFI controller fuel pump and software then you have to do everything else yourself. By time i was finished i had about 2000 into it and about 4 months of time fixing fuel maps. No offence to the guy but he gets everything from china its not very rugged he is super Indian (Dot not Feather) and impossible to understand. My stock SXR is the ski conversion he was talking about. Frankly Save Your Money for aftermarket carbs. If you want it bad enough buy it from me considering i have already spent the time and have everything already done and sitting in my garage

Emailing Ecotrons asking about a 701cc Single carb setup and I emailed ^Zwaysfs^ Post to them and this was there reply:

"

Our EFI apply to most of the engine, but different users may installation and tuning capacity a little differently. But we will help on the installation and tuning.

For your engine, we can provide one 50mm throttle body, and one 787cc/min injector. And install the injector on the manifold.

ECU controls fuel only, retains the stock ignition.

Make sure the pick-up sensor can generate two pulses per revolution, and the phase difference of 180 degree. If not, you may need to install a Hall Effect sensor and two magnets on the flywheel.

There are a lot of help manual, and software for tuning. You can free read and download.

http://www.ecotrons.com/support/

Best Regards

Ecotrons Customer Support ZHB

"

As I said before it can be done I've done it. EFI is very sensitive to water ingestion there is a but load of wires and stuff to get wet. Ive updated the system with a smaller fuel pump that the SXR charging system can sustain but don't expect many start and stops. i get 2 or 3 with the biggest battery possible i Use an EarthX etx36C which presents another set of problems (they are not very water resistant and burn your ski up) ask if you want pictures. The system would be MORE worth it if they could integrate the ignition onto the board but they refuse even though I have pressured them for a long time about it. I would love if somebody came up with a better turn key system and I would test it in a minute. I am not an engineer The system needs somebody with EFI knowledge and jetSKI ability with serious saltwater experience. It was a winter project I just wanted to see if I could do it.

Top Bottom