2 STROKE VS> 4 STROKE OPINIONS WANTED!!!

well, to start off, this is one of the most argued questions among powersports mechanics for mechanics its kinda like the what came first the chicken or the egg question for average people, thats what 2 stroke vs 4 stroke is like to us mechanics lol........ so.... 2 STROKE VS 4 STROKE!!!!!?????? this is a premature question for jet skis of course, because almost all stand ups are 2 stroke besides the hydrospace 4 stroke.
but we can include dirt bikes, quads, and race vehicles! were only talking about powersports, not cars and race cars, lol nobody makes a 2 stroke nascar... so dont go off topic.

so IMO... 2 strokes all the way!!!
higher rpms
almost double the power of a 4 stroke engine of the same displacement meaning a 50cc 2 stroke is equal to like a 110cc 4 stroke .... for motorcross races they only allow half the displacement for 2 stroke bikes, say its a 4 stroke class for 450's, but u can still race against them with no bigger than a 250cc 2 stroke.. doesnt that tell ya that 2 strokes have more power at half the engine size? and 2 strokes are higher compression than 4 strokes typically. i was argueing with my tech teacher wh thinks he knows it all about 2 stroke vs 4 stroke in powersports, and he says oh no, 4 strokes have alot more power and can reach higher rpms than 2 strokes.. WTF he doesnt know what hes talking about lol he needs to stick with designing things lol and not try to be a mechanic.... but its impossible to argue with ignorant people... so post ur opinions!!

Big Kahuna

Administrator
well, to start off, this is one of the most argued questions among powersports mechanics for mechanics its kinda like the what came first the chicken or the egg question for average people, thats what 2 stroke vs 4 stroke is like to us mechanics lol........ so.... 2 STROKE VS 4 STROKE!!!!!?????? this is a premature question for jet skis of course, because almost all stand ups are 2 stroke besides the hydrospace 4 stroke.
but we can include dirt bikes, quads, and race vehicles! were only talking about powersports, not cars and race cars, lol nobody makes a 2 stroke nascar... so dont go off topic.

so IMO... 2 strokes all the way!!!
higher rpms
almost double the power of a 4 stroke engine of the same displacement meaning a 50cc 2 stroke is equal to like a 110cc 4 stroke .... for motorcross races they only allow half the displacement for 2 stroke bikes, say its a 4 stroke class for 450's, but u can still race against them with no bigger than a 250cc 2 stroke.. doesnt that tell ya that 2 strokes have more power at half the engine size? and 2 strokes are higher compression than 4 strokes typically. i was argueing with my tech teacher wh thinks he knows it all about 2 stroke vs 4 stroke in powersports, and he says oh no, 4 strokes have alot more power and can reach higher rpms than 2 strokes.. WTF he doesnt know what hes talking about lol he needs to stick with designing things lol and not try to be a mechanic.... but its impossible to argue with ignorant people... so post ur opinions!!
Dirtbikes. Uh, if the 2 Strokes were so much better, then why is James Stewart, Chad Reed, Ryan Villipoto and 99% of the other pro's riding the 450's.

How about the difference in Autocorrect and Spellcheck? Which one works better.

How much experience do you have on bikes?

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
I have a yfz450 and would not buy a 2-stroke quad.

I would be much more interested in a 4-stroke sxr over a 2-stroke for buoys.

The only place a 2-stroke is better is for weight, but 4-strokes are becoming so well designed, even weedeaters are being made 4-stroke without weighing more.

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
this debate could lead to several pages of discussion. My answer is simple; for motorcross 4 strokes are hands down easier to ride, the days of clutch feathering are long gone. But with that being said as a person that grew up racing MX if i were to buy a bike right now it would be a two stroke (ive raced on both). They are more enjoyable to ride, so much easier and less expensive to wrench on, but much less competitive in todays MX.

For jetskis my main concern is water ingestion and weight.

Schmidty721

someone turf my rails
Oh boy...
Maybe you should listen to your tech teacher a bit more. He may not be as ignorant as you think.

Compressions ratio: Are you talking static, dynamic, compression during cranking (comp release on 4-strokes)

FYI- 250f MX bikes turn considerably more RPM then a 250 2-stroke.

Talking RPMs then go with a rotary engine over 2 or 4 stroke engine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both types have been extensively developed and applied. Do some research and use what works best for you.

Has anyone heard when they will finally be releasing the wasserjet? The site doesn't have any info. Interesting to see rick roy involved with the process. Maybe rickters will be sold RTR with one of these soon??????

Oh boy...
Maybe you should listen to your tech teacher a bit more. He may not be as ignorant as you think.

Compressions ratio: Are you talking static, dynamic, compression during cranking (comp release on 4-strokes)

FYI- 250f MX bikes turn considerably more RPM then a 250 2-stroke.
theres alot to think about when comparing both two and four stroke engines.. i dont even feel like getting technical about it right now. lol just write which u like most

theres alot to think about when comparing both two and four stroke engines.. i dont even feel like getting technical about it right now. lol just write which u like most
my teacher only teaches tech design. not engines. so i cant be sure if hes correct either. as far as im concerned everybody has their own opinions on this stuff..

Top Bottom