2000 rn sj

Polish jet pilot

4aces4aces4aces4aces4aces
Hi all,

I am about to make a decison to get myself a nice almost stock (ride plate, protec head, inatke garte, bilge) 2000 RN. Is that a "good" year, or are/were there years that I should keep away from? The ski is now rated at about 2400 usd

slickchaos

Chaos on a SJ
its a roundnose, and from 96 or 97 up until 2007 they were pretty much the same,

so yes its a a good ski to get ...

2400 USD is nice price, for that consider the mods attached..

Its all about the surf!
its a roundnose, and from 96 or 97 up until 2007 they were pretty much the same,

so yes its a a good ski to get ...

2400 USD is nice price, for that consider the mods attached..

True the 96-07 SJ’s are all pretty much identical except for color and graphics but I’ve heard differently hull wise. The older SJ’s 96 & 97 were hand laid and have the strongest hulls. The 98 & 99’s had strong hulls but bad gel coat, especially on the hoods which seems to chip off. The gel coat problems were fixed on the 00-02’s and I haven’t heard anything bad about them. On the later model SJ’s, it seems Yamaha, in trying to keep the weight down made the hulls to thin. I’ve heard a lot of stories of cracking in the hulls of the later models, especially on the bottom along the bulkhead. As far as I know the 00 is a good year, I’d grab it.

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing
True the 96-07 SJ’s are all pretty much identical except for color and graphics but I’ve heard differently hull wise. The older SJ’s 96 & 97 were hand laid and have the strongest hulls. The 98 & 99’s had strong hulls but bad gel coat, especially on the hoods which seems to chip off. The gel coat problems were fixed on the 00-02’s and I haven’t heard anything bad about them. On the later model SJ’s, it seems Yamaha, in trying to keep the weight down made the hulls to thin. I’ve heard a lot of stories of cracking in the hulls of the later models, especially on the bottom along the bulkhead. As far as I know the 00 is a good year, I’d grab it.

i was under the impression that the top deck of all SJ's 96+ were hand laid???

the bottom on all SJ's 94+ are SMC.

and the hoods were never gel coated.all painted and the paint still comes off even in 2008.
no discernable differences between years.
i've had a 99,2000,2003,2004,2005 and 2007 and they're all pretty much identical as far as hull quality.
also some have the back end of the outside of gunwales concave more than others.year not withstanding.

Top Bottom