2006 x2 quick build up

well i managed to pick up a completly standard 2006 x2 two weeks ago for my new surf boat and play boat at the lake . i rode it like that for the weekend to get the hang off the thing and then the fun started. i had a new engine sitting in the garage that i was going to put in my old school x2 but thought it would be fun to drop it into the new x2. so out with the old and in with the new.
new engine stats for now are
standard carbs
v force 2 reeds
ported cases
new hot rods crank rebuild with ceramic crank bearing trued and welded
cylinder bored out to 830 cc
r&d 27cc girdle head
fpp blaster limited chamber
wax infernal ignition .

wile i had the engine out i also removed the water box and tank so i could grind all the extra glue off the bond rail , fit a bildge pump and new water and fuel lines, duel cooling and a duck bill.
the frist pics is how it looked before, the second pic is the new next to the old. 3rd and 4th pic is the old engine out

Attachments

• photo(4).jpg
    photo(4).jpg
    175 KB · Views: 63
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 41
  • photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 50
  • photo(6).jpg
    photo(6).jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
pic one is a look at the extra glue
pic 2 glue grinding
pic 3 new engine siting in the ski
pic 4 test fitting the blaster limited chamber
pic 5 is my main stalling point . with a blaster chamber in a x2 or sxr , its too long and sits to high to line up with the water box. i think i will cap the end off the pipe off and convert it to a centre bleed design to get it to fit in nice

Attachments

• photo(6).jpg
    photo(6).jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 31
  • photo(7).jpg
    photo(7).jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 40
  • photo(9).jpg
    photo(9).jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 35
  • photo(10).jpg
    photo(10).jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 39
  • photo(11).jpg
    photo(11).jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 40
and the last pics for today
pic one , old cdi
pic 2 , new wax infernal cdi
pic 3 new fuel lines

Attachments

• photo(5).jpg
    photo(5).jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 29
  • photo(12).jpg
    photo(12).jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 26
  • photo(3).jpg
    photo(3).jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 24
ive also got a friend thats a sign writer and he is going to do some new graphics for me and i still have some parts coming to put on over winter . i have a set off full spec 48mm carbs. tbm non charging flywheel 6 vein magnum pump with a tbm super pump cone kit and bore the nozel out to 80mm.
also if you sxr boys out there have any tips and ideas to make these better for surf and playing at the lake let me know any advice is more than welcome

To help prevent water ingestion:
Block off front intakes by hinge
Remove tubes running from rear intakes
Fit 'baffle' tubes into the hood outlets to prevent water running straight in

had a chance to to some more last night and today.
last night i went over to work to work on the pipe and getting it to fit . it was a bit off work to get to fit and line up nice. ive converted the blaster limited pipe to a center bleed and cap off the end off the pipe where it normally comes out . it lines up nice now and i hope the pipe works ok as i center bleed it should by my thinking .

Attachments

• photo(3).jpg
    photo(3).jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 30
  • photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 26
then toady it was assembly time so the bilged pump is in redid all the water lines and set up duel cooling in the engine bay i still have to drill and tap the pump tomorrow . its looking pretty good and cant wait to try it now .
i ran into a hitch today or i would off been able to fire it up , i left the carbs at home damit .
the last pic is how the center bleed set up on the pipe fits into the water box now

Attachments

• photo(5).jpg
    photo(5).jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 39
  • photo(6).jpg
    photo(6).jpg
    146 KB · Views: 36
looks niiice have you ridden any boat with that motor yet? ive always wondered what it would be like to bore out a cyinder. are you running wisecos? those are the only people i have found with big bore kawi pistons

looks niiice have you ridden any boat with that motor yet? ive always wondered what it would be like to bore out a cyinder. are you running wisecos? those are the only people i have found with big bore kawi pistons

sorry for the slow reply , yep wiseco off the shelf big pin pistons with a boost port cut in the skirt like the small pin pistons have

new graphics went on today . a friend owns his own sign writing company here so here digitally printed some up for me and put them on . really stoked how it came out and looks dam good
pic 1 is printing out the new graphics
pic 2 is all printed and cutting them out
pic 3&4 is them all done from both sides

Attachments

• printing.jpeg
    printing.jpeg
    31 KB · Views: 20
  • printed.jpeg
    printed.jpeg
    37.4 KB · Views: 22
  • doneleft.jpeg
    doneleft.jpeg
    46 KB · Views: 36
  • done  right.jpeg
    done right.jpeg
    48.1 KB · Views: 43
thanks guys im pretty happy how this ski is turning out. jet need some nice weather now to go out and get it wet , its winter here damit and getting cold. time to break out the dive suit i think

Top Bottom