2008 - 2020 Super Jet: How best to increase tighter nozzle steering

The blowsion HD cable is a lit stronger than a stock steering cable which will make it a little tougher to install. But a great cable. I have one in my ski and it is about 4 years old still holding up well..

E350

Site Supporter
Quick question. The Blowsion Pole and OVP steering, 4 degree Riva steering bars, and cable came without any installation instructions.

Any order of proceeding?

It seems to me that I probably have to drop the ride plate to access the steering cable tube?

Nozzle end cable first?
Or cable from engine bay to nozzle?

Where do the steering, start/stop, bilge on/off cables run? up the middle? Inside a tube?

I usually re-invent the wheel, but I prefer not to when I have knowledgeable guys and gals like you around.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Pull plate and pump. Will make it easier, just more work, unless you have a deep long socket that will fit over the steering cable locknut. Someone use to make one, or you can make one from PVC by heating up and slipping over the nut while still warm, then let cool. I have used channel locks and flat head screwdriver in a pinch......

Run cable in from the pump side, then feed up the steering tube. Same for the Throttle and Start Stop. send the throttle cable up with the Steering cable, tape together. Not sure how the Blowsion pole works with the breathing tubes, Did you order the bracket also?
Search Youtube, prob a video on that pole. But it is pretty much common sense.

E350

Site Supporter
Thanks BK.

I did not order the Blowsion pole to Super Jet hull bracket.
I assumed that I could just use the existing oem 2019 Super Jet pole bracket.
I will look out for that.

Really what I want to avoid, if at all possible, is getting the Super Jet apart only to find that I need some other part which, in my case, will likely be back ordered . . .

I'm not sure if the blowsion pole works with the stock pole bracket. You might check on that. The blowsion pole is a m6 stem instead of m5 like stock. The blowsion cables come with heim joint no slop ends so you'll delete the ball screws and use a nut and bolt.

E350

Site Supporter
Scott at Blowsion said that the 2-stroke stock oem Super Jet hull bracket works with the Blowsion pole. Apparently the Blowsion bracket is required to install the Blowsion pole on the 2021+ 4-stroke Super Jet.

FYI, I am still not a great rider, but the 2019 Super Jet is so much easier to ride than my 1995 FX-1. Yesterday we got to chase a true yatch digging two holes in the water at ~25 mph. My wife who is a former ~1980's--1990's racer and a way better rider than me first entered the trough too perpendicular and pearled the nose and the ski flipped over her. She screamed and gulpeds some river water but was fine but for a slight bruise on her thigh. She continued to surf and jump that wake for another 3/4 mile.

I still can't get the angle of approach or the timing right to jump properly.

I can do cut backs on the outside wake ok. It is really cool when after cutting back in the direction of travel of the wave, turning down the face on the outside wake the wave actually pushes you hard and accelerates you down and out to the flats.

I used to get that feeling windsurfing in the early 80's at Seal Beach in So. Cal.

But that yatch's wakes were actually taller than the 3 foot waves I would surf outside the impact zone with the windsurfer at Seal Beach.

Last edited:
Fx1s are not easy to ride. They are very narrow and have very shallow Chines so they will slide easily when turning hard. I'm sure the stock pump doesn't help the ski stay hooked up in the water. A 144mm pump is a huge upgrade for get fx1. The superjet much wider and stable
The 08+ has much deeper chines and a setback pump which really helps keeping the ski in the water. A shorter pole with a quick steer setup will make a huge improvement on both the fx and sj.

Top Bottom