2008 handlepole work on fx-1?

SUPERJET-113

GASKETS FOR CHAMP BRAP!
Site Supporter
I don't see a similarity here, unless the #'s changed and the actual part is the same.

YAM does that all the time. :rolleyes:
Its seems that the older the ski, the more expensive the parts are, even though they are the same part and are still used in new models today. Its almost like they are taking advantage of noobies and people with older model Yamahas... lol
You have to compare the parts side by side.

Last edited:

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
That will work only if the pump has remained identical both in casting and location in the hull.
I suspect Yamaha may have used a pure FX1 cable, which means shorter throw on top (Pole) and also a shorter piece on the bottom.

The stator section is identical, the reduction and turn nozzle look like those from a raider. The wear ring section is different. The pump itself is moved further back in the hull along with the intake tract so either the bulkhead is moved back also or its a different cable.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
The 08 uses a extension on the end of the cable at the pump. A $44 piece. The part numbers on the 08 and fx-1 cables match. Check it out at DGY.COM

Ridiculous. I fudged my own extension piece for a lot cheaper.

I have an 08 pole for you if you want it.

Only in the water once. It for sure is a FX1 top piece.

I am running the old cable, pole, and reduction/steering nozzle. It all fits and works just fine.
The 08 cable only has a little less that 2.75" of throw where the older cable has 4"
Should have the new ski in the water by Sat or Sun at the latest...

Last edited:
Top Bottom