2008 SJ Project & Blowsion JK Ski(sold)

dave787

Couches are boring
Bought my first ski in spring '08. New Superjet and I've been working on building it up.

-UPDATE: I sold the JK ski...

2008 SJ should be more of a project now..

Here's some specs:

2008 Superjet -
-Factory B Mod
-UMI steering system
-Blowsion throttle trigger
-V-force 2 reeds
-Rickter footholds/Hydroturf
-Worx intake grate
-Wamilton's stubby cone
-Rule 500 Bilge & Rule 800 Bilge
-Wamilton's visual carbon hood and nose piece
-RRP handpole
-RRP Lowered bracket with dual breather
-RRP carbon chin pad
-Pre-08 steering cable
-Lookin for a good condition girdled head w/ 37cc domes

2005 Seadoo RXP
-OPAS block off plates
-Couch with a big motor

1979 Jeep CJ-5
-AMC 360 bored .030 over
-Edelbrock 600 cfm 4 barrel carb
-Headers
-Mild Cam
-T176 tranny
-Dana 300 transfer case
-3.54 gears
-2" lift on 33x12.5 swampers
-Rear lsd, front Warn locking hubs
-One piece Moser axles

2005 Blowsion JK Superjet - SOLD
-Joe Kenney Signature Air Force Warthog 2005 paint
-Blowsion Complete Carbon Fiber Hull Reinforcement (Sides, bottom, and nose)
-Full length carbon Footholds
-Blowsion carbon Fiber Rear Exhaust
-760cc Resleeved, Crank True and Welded, Ported Cylinder
-Blowsion Girdled Head Kit
-Riva Powerbomb 48mm Carb
-Factory B-Pipe
-And more...

picture.php

Attachments

• joe kenny ski 3.JPG
    joe kenny ski 3.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 524
  • DSC02306.jpg
    DSC02306.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 183
  • 360 good jk2.jpg
    360 good jk2.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 139
  • JK Best sub (1 of 1).jpg
    JK Best sub (1 of 1).jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 85
  • jetski legdrag (1 of 1).jpg
    jetski legdrag (1 of 1).jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 92
  • jetski stab 4 (1 of 1).jpg
    jetski stab 4 (1 of 1).jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 103
  • Jetski Spray big (1 of 1).jpg
    Jetski Spray big (1 of 1).jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

dave787

Couches are boring
1 day on the forum and i like this place already.. i'll probably keep the JK ski a month or two so I can hang on to a temp registration and then decide what to do. Gotta get a feel for it and see if i can still let it go. That way if i sell it, I can still give the buyer the paper of origin so they can register it as the first owner. I only ride in fresh water down here in georgia too.

Sell the couch! what ever you do keep that JK ski, you will save your self alot of money down the road. How much did you pick it up for?

I saw that ski recently when I went to pick mine up at blowsion....you'll want to keep it. Once you pop open the crate there is noway you'll want to part with it.

Like everyone else says ditch the couch and use that money for your 08 :Banane09:

dave787

Couches are boring
I'll probably talk to John over at blowsion about it tomorrow, but how's the maintenance on a ski like the JK one? aka with fresh water riding how often (how many hours) do I have to expect to swap the top end, rebuild the engine, etc?

jetsport484

Are we there yet?
Hi Dave! Welcome to the X. This place is just as addicting as riding the jetskis themselves.

IMHO keep the JK ski what ever you do. That man is legendary and so is that ski.

also do you ride Hartwell at all?

dave787

Couches are boring
IMHO keep the JK ski what ever you do. That man is legendary and so is that ski.

also do you ride Hartwell at all?

I havn't made it up to hartwell yet. I'm workin on figuring out a way to take the ski places. As of now I drive a car and have no way to tow it except puttin it in someone else's truck bed. I usually ride up at lake burton in north Georgia. Took it down to Orlando for a week last year. Have a friend who lives on a lake down there. took me out on some crazy river rides.

but how's the maintenance on a ski like the JK one? aka with fresh water riding how often (how many hours) do I have to expect to swap the top end, rebuild the engine, etc?

Don't think in to this so much...it is going to be a bad azz very reliable super fun to ride ski. I get 6 seasons out of a top end....with that porting maybe less but what ever....when the compression starts dropping in one of the cylinders just rebuild it. Until then ride that mad SOB like you stole it from your wifes new boyfriend!!!!! Sell that couch....rip that JK...and use your other stand up as a back up.

Top Bottom