2008 SJ Project & Blowsion JK Ski(sold)

IceMan

Building a ski in Progress
dave787 : My friend owns an 08 SJ and he is facing the same problem with the quick steering. We even tried replacing his pump with my 07 SJ and did not work. Let me know if anything comes up.

Also congrats on the ski, I was in contact with Shawn Kenny and ofered him $ 9,500 to get the ski out of ebay but I guess he wanted to keep it for the highest bidder.

I bought a Rickter now and waiting for my 1000cc to be ready.

Enjoy ur ski buddy...

dave787

Couches are boring
dave787 : My friend owns an 08 SJ and he is facing the same problem with the quick steering. We even tried replacing his pump with my 07 SJ and did not work. Let me know if anything comes up.

Also congrats on the ski, I was in contact with Shawn Kenny and ofered him $ 9,500 to get the ski out of ebay but I guess he wanted to keep it for the highest bidder.

I bought a Rickter now and waiting for my 1000cc to be ready.

Enjoy ur ski buddy...

Nice buy. How much does a hull like that run for? I actually had my max bid set at $9,500. Can't believe no one else bid. He told me a bunch of people called with higher offers, but no one else bid for some reason. He was pretty confident it would go for more, but I got lucky.

dave787

Couches are boring
oh yea, and here's some pics from today at the lake.. they forgot the intake grate when it got shipped but i talked to john and apparently it had been on another ski for testing so there's a new one in the mail free. it wouldn't hook up great without a grate so couldn't do too much on it, but here's some pics. lemme know what yall think

Attachments

• 360 good jk.jpg
    360 good jk.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 113
  • 360 good jk2.jpg
    360 good jk2.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 141
  • DSC02750.jpg
    DSC02750.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 185
  • DSC02752.jpg
    DSC02752.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 124

dave787

Couches are boring
foot holds are way too big for bare feet on the JK ski and I don't wear shoes. Thinking i'm puttin foot straps back on because I don't want to change up any of their carbon/fiberglass work. can't decide how i want to set them yet. surf or side by side. going to have SN extinguisher holder up front that could be like a foot hold too..

IceMan

Side x Side is the way to go!!!!

:bigok:

foot holds are way too big for bare feet on the JK ski and I don't wear shoes. Thinking i'm puttin foot straps back on because I don't want to change up any of their carbon/fiberglass work. can't decide how i want to set them yet. surf or side by side. going to have SN extinguisher holder up front that could be like a foot hold too..

dave787

Couches are boring
just add some more turf in the holds, it will tighten them up. But for Lake riding, you got to wear shoes.
Safety Issue.

I was thinking turf, but I didn't think it would stick well or feel right. But I tried it. Worked pretty well. Looks like i might have a couple of foot straps and a couple threaded insert kits to sell.

nokfir

damn its good to see that jk ski being used...shame about him. im assuming youve watched all my crazy friends 3 and have seen this ski in action right?

mosquini

Looking for a fixed steer standup

try to get a hold of tom21 if you want a fire extinguisher holder. It is also a front foot hold too. Just a heads up.

IceMan

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy your build buddy and take care

:bananajump:

Bought my first ski in spring '08. New Superjet and I've been working on building it up.

-UPDATE: I sold the JK ski...

2008 SJ should be more of a project now..

Here's some specs:

2008 Superjet -
-Factory B Mod
-UMI steering system
-Blowsion throttle trigger
-V-force 2 reeds
-Rickter footholds/Hydroturf
-Worx intake grate
-Rule 500 Bilge

Parts ordered -
-Wamilton's visual carbon hood and nose piece
-RRP handpole
-RRP Lowered bracket with dual breather
-RRP carbon chin pad
-Pre-08 steering cable
-Lookin for a good condition girdled head w/ 37cc domes

2005 Seadoo RXP
-OPAS block off plates
-Couch with a big motor

1979 Jeep CJ-5
-AMC 360 bored .030 over
-Edelbrock 600 cfm 4 barrel carb
-Headers
-Mild Cam
-T176 tranny
-Dana 300 transfer case
-3.54 gears
-2" lift on 33x12.5 swampers
-Rear lsd, front Warn locking hubs
-One piece Moser axles

2005 Blowsion JK Superjet - SOLD
-Joe Kenney Signature Air Force Warthog 2005 paint
-Blowsion Complete Carbon Fiber Hull Reinforcement (Sides, bottom, and nose)
-Full length carbon Footholds
-Blowsion carbon Fiber Rear Exhaust
-760cc Resleeved, Crank True and Welded, Ported Cylinder
-Blowsion Girdled Head Kit
-Riva Powerbomb Single 48mm Carb
-Factory B-Pipe
-And more...

picture.php

Top Bottom