2008 SXR - Newbie Questions / Help Needed

I am also a fan of the stright cut ride plate. stock imp is fine. I like my tbm pump stuffer.
Xs 2 on the Hood straps they are a must..... I sank my ski the second time I rode it, daytona beach 08 when my hood ejected into my chest after a tail stab. I was lucky and did'nt loose my hood or my ski.
I would recomend a pole limt strap also as hyperextension of the pole is bad. also broke my stock pole in the surf.
From what I have rode the pipe & light flywheel are the best bang for the buck.
I am running the group k big bore sleeper & i like it, two seasons with no troubles

Forgot to mention that you will want to wrap some tape or something around your pulse line. It tends to rub on the carb and eventually develop a leak. I split an old water hose and zip tied it around the line.

rehak2

Here we go again!
I noticed a increase with switching out the turn nozzle with a 750sx one as for its bigger than the sxr and a wet wolf cone. Its wasnt alot but it was cheap and made a difference. Lighten flywheel makes a big difference. I am running a factory dry pipe on my rig but I have just alittle bit done with mine

seatsR4toilets

Just spell my name right
I noticed a increase with switching out the turn nozzle with a 750sx one as for its bigger than the sxr and a wet wolf cone. Its wasnt alot but it was cheap and made a difference. Lighten flywheel makes a big difference. I am running a factory dry pipe on my rig but I have just alittle bit done with mine
Thanks.
Which Wet Wolf cone?
PM sent

seatsR4toilets

Just spell my name right
I am also a fan of the stright cut ride plate. stock imp is fine. I like my tbm pump stuffer.
Xs 2 on the Hood straps they are a must..... I sank my ski the second time I rode it, daytona beach 08 when my hood ejected into my chest after a tail stab. I was lucky and did'nt loose my hood or my ski.
I would recomend a pole limt strap also as hyperextension of the pole is bad. also broke my stock pole in the surf.
From what I have rode the pipe & light flywheel are the best bang for the buck.
I am running the group k big bore sleeper & i like it, two seasons with no troubles

I see Blowsions got on their website a single hood strap deal. Is THAT the one to use?
Or does anyone else know of another one?

Bigfish

Bigfish
I'm 255 pounds. My setup was a wp,vilder flywheel ,180psi , breathers ,tbm grate ,tdr waterbox , 9/17 c75 set back with wetwolf cone and 80 nozzle .It was great in the surf but not alot up top . I've moved on to a full Jetworks setup now and it rips.Do yourself a favor and get a set of carb adjusting screws from Art you will thank me later.Also take the time to seal up the bulkhead with 5200 and the two drain holes at the bottom it will keep the ski from geting waterlogged ,if you don't want to put in a oneway or scupper get some small pvc and run it to the stock drain and seal it up .

Last edited:

seatsR4toilets

Just spell my name right
I'm 255 pounds. My setup was a wp,vilder flywheel ,180psi , breathers ,tbm grate ,tdr waterbox , 9/17 c75 set back with wetwolf cone and 80 nozzle .It was great in the surf but not alot up top . I've moved on to a full Jetworks setup now and it rips.Do yourself a favor and get a set of carb adjusting screws from Art you will thank me later.Also take the time to seal up the bulkhead with 5200 and the two drain holes at the bottom it will keep the ski from geting waterlogged ,if you don't want to put in a oneway or scupper get some small pvc and run it to the stock drain and seal it up .

Got any pictures of the bulkhead repair?

Top Bottom