2009 superjet i just got it yesterday and wanted to here what you guy like dislike

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
Agreed on the steering... If anything speed it up by moving the cable ball out to the next hole on the turn plate.. You may have to thread it with a 6mm x 1.0 tap, but the hole is already there and it makes a HUGE difference... My friends 08 wasn't threaded and I haven't seen a newer one yet to see if it is threaded or not..

gc4

I'd be lost without the x
Agreed on the steering... If anything speed it up by moving the cable ball out to the next hole on the turn plate.. You may have to thread it with a 6mm x 1.0 tap, but the hole is already there and it makes a HUGE difference... My friends 08 wasn't threaded and I haven't seen a newer one yet to see if it is threaded or not..

Mine wasn't. You could tell they had a position to move it out but they closed up the whole and didn't thread it.

X3 STEERING..... I am running the TS kit on my 08 and its a must have ! Also I chopped the pole by -6" and with my steering setup a total of -9" on the stock 08 pole and wrapped it in CF.... Allows you to really take advantage of the longer throw cable by being able to get over the hood and take advantage of those tubbies....makes for really awesome turning. D cut the stock plate if you havnt got an AM yet.... Quik steer turning nozzle mod, cuz its easy.
.STOCK.
IMG_6364.jpg

.CHOPPED.
IMG_6467.jpg

:smokin:

Ok what type of riding are you guys. Do? I have another ski set up for flat water free style so I think this one I'd like to set up foe free ride and ripping turns. What type grates and plates are you guys running?

waterfreak

I had a vision!
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Ok what type of riding are you guys. Do? I have another ski set up for flat water free style so I think this one I'd like to set up foe free ride and ripping turns. What type grates and plates are you guys running?

run a worx 228 intake and a nice WCF d-cut ride plate

Shifty

- SuperJet Thursday -
As far as moving the steering pivot ball to the outermost position; don't! The hole is not tapped for a reason. You will run out of cable movement before your turn plate hits the stops on the handlepole. I havn't seen it personally but the cable can snap because of this.

I moved the pivot way in on the turn nozzle. I even filled down the gusseting to get the ball and washers in as close as possible to its axis for more thow.

You will never be able to adjust the steering cable correctly if you move the pivot to the outer most hole. I tried forever and the cable always hits, you do not want to bend and break a pricey cable.....Just run the TS kit, its good for the price. A much cheaper deal than buying a new pole/cable.......

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
You will never be able to adjust the steering cable correctly if you move the pivot to the outer most hole. I tried forever and the cable always hits, you do not want to bend and break a pricey cable.....Just run the TS kit, its good for the price. A much cheaper deal than buying a new pole/cable.......

Hmmm.. Your guys' 08's must be different.. I adjusted my friends just fine... No binding or bottoming the cable at all..

tomski

X
The best you can do with the stock parts is right here. Thread a machine screw into the stop...Free

Make sure you enlarge the hole for the bracket to drop the nozzle down for carving or buoys. Move nozzle up for play riding.

Attachments

• 08 and up 001.jpg
    08 and up 001.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 08 and up 002.jpg
    08 and up 002.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 08 and up 003.jpg
    08 and up 003.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 73
I would like to leave the stock poll and just do some foot holds and bolt ons like bpipe msd light weight fly v force ada and maybe a pump stuffer I have a free style boat with a crazy motor so I just want this one more so for a back up Boat that I really don't have to wrench on and could let friends try to learn on.

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing
I would like to leave the stock poll and just do some foot holds and bolt ons like bpipe msd light weight fly v force ada and maybe a pump stuffer I have a free style boat with a crazy motor so I just want this one more so for a back up Boat that I really don't have to wrench on and could let friends try to learn on.

Biggest mistake right there.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
hey to the OP Dezknotz I have sent you numerous pm's and emails about a ski you sold me.

I need help getting the title. Can you please get in touch with me so we can get another bill of sale written up?

Top Bottom