2009 yamaha freeride australian open

Sharky

www.fpjetskis.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 12 November 2008

JET PILOT TO PRESENT 2009 YAMAHA FREERIDE AUSTRALIAN OPEN

GOLD COAST, QLD; Action Sports Company Jet Pilot is proud to announce that it will be presenting sponsor of the 2009 Yamaha Freeride Australian Open that is to be held on the Gold Coast, Australia 21st February 2009.

Jet Pilot Marketing Manager Chris Apps said “We are extremely excited to be presenting the Yamaha Freeride Australian Open, there has not been an event of this caliber ever in Australian waters, with riders expected to compete from as far a field as Germany, France, Japan and the US.”

A final location has not been settled on as of yet but we have been given approval to host the event on the Gold Coast, we are just in the process of bettering the location of the event with the appropriate authorities. Keep checking jetpilot.com.au for final location and updates on the event

The event coincides with the Australian Motorcycle expo, which includes The Australian Personal Watercraft Expo & The Australian Scooter Festival (to be conducted Feb 20-22 at the Gold Coast Convention & Exhibition Centre).

Founded in 1986, Jet Pilot continues it's leading tradition producing the most progressive, innovative, technically advanced, rider-inspired products for the Action Sports industry.

Attachments

• YAMAHA[1].jpg
    YAMAHA[1].jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 61

DangerBoy

Runs with scissors
Site Supporter
just found out It looks like Im going to be in Au at the same time as this event , and the house at Biggera waters is almost walking distance ,
any of you aussies got an FX-1 I can rent/steal/borrow
Db

Nascency Chris

The Nascency Project
I have been drooling over Google Maps images of the area for a few days now...this looks like a sick little set up, can't wait to get there!

Rhonda and I will be there Thursday...

I'm wondering is there going to be some type of after party at all?

I am sure there will be one going on somewhere, but like a planned at a bar?

Chris I am looking forward to see what you do with the vid this time (assuming thats what your there to do)

I'm wondering is there going to be some type of after party at all?

I am sure there will be one going on somewhere, but like a planned at a bar?

Chris I am looking forward to see what you do with the vid this time (assuming thats what your there to do)

sure is apparently its at hooters mermaid beach

Nascency Chris

The Nascency Project
This has been one of the most memorable trips we have ever been on...the comp was epic, Australian stoke is second to none...more when we get home!

The event went down really smooth!! only one major crash, but After a week or so I think he will be alright.
I have some shots I will try and put up.

The start of the final was epic, Pierre and the australian pulled side by side backflips, but to almost the exact hight and same rotation.

The surf was alittle dissapointing, but the riders did a great job working with what they had.

The Australian was pullin some sick 360's I have some sequence shots that I will have to put up.

Chris I can't wait to see what you do with the footage!!

Nascency Chris

The Nascency Project
The event went down really smooth!! only one major crash, but After a week or so I think he will be alright.
I have some shots I will try and put up.

The start of the final was epic, Pierre and the australian pulled side by side backflips, but to almost the exact hight and same rotation.

The surf was alittle dissapointing, but the riders did a great job working with what they had.

The Australian was pullin some sick 360's I have some sequence shots that I will have to put up.

Chris I can't wait to see what you do with the footage!!

The guy that got plowed on the reentry wound up with 6 broken ribs and three cracked ribs according to Butch...sucks but at least thats all it was...

If they had run the comp the day before the surf was a little better but it still was rideable (as evident by the sick final heat between pierre and nick (it was nick right lol???)

can't wait to see pics.

chris, how much does a trip like that cost?

way too much lol...over two grand just for the airfare, and i owe some people some cash for the super sick apartment Ross, Rhonda, and I had right on the Beach in Main Beach...

Pics and vids PLEASE!

Ludo and Rhonda both gots gobs of pics...the video I got is for the documentary we are working on now... oh, I guess I should fill everyone in on that now that we are underway lol...more on that soon...

A HUGE, HUGE thanks goes out to Jack Shelley from Worx Racing....the guy put up with all of us all weekend, cooked BBQ for us almost every night, made sure we wanted for nothing...Jack is a world class guy!

We are gonna start working on pics and a write up of the whole event for the Nascency website tommorow when we get home, currently sitting in the Charlotte airport waiting for our last flight back to Atlanta...anyone down for 26 hours of travel should come with us next time lol...

DangerBoy

Runs with scissors
Site Supporter
Just got off the plane event was awesome with some really informative ridding
Great group of riders and and a great freeride session on sunday , tuesday ect
Ill post some pics later

Db

Top Bottom