2010 Havasu WF location rumors

kid4now

X-H
I never understood having a water sport competition in the middle of the desert with the closest airport over 3 hours away. Hey, but the London Bridge is there???..??? ha ha ha...

It should be here in Daytona Beach Florida at the Speedway. Lake Loyd would be perfect and then you could add a surf comp too... Everything is built in and the airport is literally next door. Could it be any easier?? Everyone could camp in the infield and there are 5000 restaurants and bars in a square mile, not to mention the places inside the Speedway.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...4388,-81.065068&spn=0.01761,0.028367&t=h&z=15

Alright Nick you already pulled off organizing probably the largest free ride in the nation now its time to get world finals to move to Daytona. I have faith in you!!!!! I think the speedway would be an awesome site.

seatsR4toilets

Just spell my name right
Only problem with that is you are suppose to qualify for the Finals. Plus spring break is the start of the racing season, not the finish of the season.

Think about the Daytona 500.
Biggest race of the year is the FIRST race of the year. Only probably 10 years ago or less there was no Championship Weekend at Homestead.

Just a thought.

However, Daytona in Jan, Feb, and the first part of March is friggin' COLD.

How big is that lake inside the infield, I was watching the racing few weeks back and a guy was wakeboarding in there but it did not look very big.

But Tona would be a good location or somewhere in central florida.

Lol that was me... Its a pretty good size lake. But i dont think we should move the event. Sure i think it would be nice to have even more jetskis on the east coast, but then were going to lose alot of riders in the west.

Its all about the surf!
it would be better to have it at a different location every year like the world cup (soccer) you have riders from u.k ' japan ' uae ' france ' belgium ' brazil just to name a few or the winner of the nations trophy gets to have it in their country just some ideas

X2- Looks like the East coasters want it moved to Daytona and the West coasters want it to stay were it is. What a surprise! Truth is even though they call it the “World Finals” all it really is, is a one day winner take all race and freestyle event (That a lot of foreigners feel they need to attend because they stuck the word “World” in the title) The name really should be changed to “West Coast Finals” of course we know that isn’t going to happen because the promoters have the rights to the title “World Finals” If the World Finals really is a World event having it in different locales through out the world really does make sense. I’m sure the promoters could find similar sites as good as Havasu or Daytona anywhere in the world

norcal ex

X-H2
yea.. it was more of a joke but making a point that it should be in an area that doesnt shut down in the winter. after worlds a lot of places in havasu close up till march.

i think exposure to a new and younger crowd was the big point about spring break, but yeah it would be a PITA!

just to be clear, I don't care if it comes here, I was just making an argument for moving it. Daytona is always a place you think of when it comes to motor sports of all kinds... I have been to Havasu for WF and had a good time. I just think the logistics make it pretty daunting, that's all...

So how is it fair that the East Coast gets all of the national stops AND world finals??

Cali is always ahead of east coast,they are more progressive and less nostalgic. Modern jetskis cost to much for it to ever get back like it was in the 90s. It would be sweet to have it in tona if the IFWA could have a surf event there,bring all the powers together at once,then it may have a shot at a good crowd.People are spoiled today,no one wants to watch any kind of racing other than cars that doesnt have big air in it, compare watching skis going around in circles to the only kinda racing that has survived the x games,snowmobile. Motox even got the boot in favor of FMX these days

Top Bottom