2010 March Pismo Freeride Information (March 12-14th)

Great post Mark, everything you need to know. Being the spoiled brat I am, I'm going to decide if I'm going a couple of days before the event. If it's windy, I'm not going. But if its calm I'll problably go. Does overnight camping sell out in march?

John, we both know how the conditions will be. I'm with you on deciding the night of and driving up early in the morning. Should be fun though with all the people there.

Are you sure your looking at the right website? whenever ive camped there i just pay the $15/$18 or whatever it is for the night to camp on the beach. they've never asked me for a "site #" or "loop". but then again ive never reserved a spot over the internet, maybe someone else who has done that before will chime in.

just checked the site your talking about....yeah lost just like you. sorry man, spoke up to soon.

try this
http://www.reserveamerica.com/campi...new&contractCode=CA&parkId=120065&search=site

Thanks for the help fellas! On the left side under "Find Campsites", It asks for "Looking for", "Loop" and "Site#" - Do I just leave them checked where theyre at is there any other specific info I need to check. And sorry for being a retard at this..

i found it easy to just go to the home page choose california as state and under park type OCEANO DUNES and the date and days and it will take you to the right site to make you reservation

Update: we got our projector all set up in our living room right now testing everything out. Our buddy Gabe just came by with some huge DJ speakers so we are soooo good for the OFFICIAL PREMIER RELEASE PARTY of Rise of the tide for Saturday night. A CHIT load of people are coming out we are gonna rage and stoke everyone out!!! Hope everyone can make it out if you can't I'm sorry hahahah... LM & HF

Just a quick note on the reservations:

If you ever get to Pismo, regardless of the time of year, and the reservations are sold out, buy a day pass, tow your stuff down, drop your trailer if you have one, set camp up, and then move your vehicle off the beach to a local parking lot. The only thing you need an overnight pass for is a registered street vehicle - not a trailer, quad, MX bike, sand rail, etc. It makes it a tad bit inconvenient because then you have to bum a ride back to your vehicle, but it's a good, legal work-around.

I would strongly suggest if you ever have to resort to this, make sure you park in a lot well away from the beach (a side street in Grover Beach/Five Cities area for example) as the streets are packed with locals parking in Oceano off off Pier and they'll tow you quick. It's not uncommon to have several vehicles parked at my folks house (they live about a mile away from where you'll be camping) - heck, they even parked the Nirto Circus Trophy Truck in their garage a couple years ago when we put the Surf Slam on up there to keep the wild peacocks from scratching the paint.

We're hoping to make it up to ride and hang out with you all...it's been far too long and Pismo is always a blast - even when the wind blows :Banane13:

2ride

Enjoy Life...
It's gonna be a blast. Can't wait to see everybody. LM is gonna light up this weekend!!! Food, Friends, Waves, and Jetskiing. Can't wait...

2ride

Enjoy Life...
I know it's 8 days out, but the weather is looking for us. Sunny and nice!

Top Bottom