2011 Grayland Open Amateur Freeride Nationals

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
:Banane13:So the date has been chosen to be august 6th, 2011... Same location, or maybe a bit down the beach, but same place... Mark your calendars....:brap:

Last edited:

Cannibal

Tasty Human
Weekend before SS is labor day weekend. More traffic and more bodies on the beach, but that's not a bad thing. I personally like labor day weekend for the GO. You might get more participants to show since most of us have Monday off and a lot of people hit SS on Wed or Thursday, I think a lot of people would take the whole week off, spend some time here in our podunk town, then head for SS. Might even be able to grow the GO to include an amateur MotoSurf event on Sunday???

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
true with that.. I think there were talks of possible motosurf, but not anything to talk about yet and may not happen.. It would be cool.. The races at SS were completely insane to watch... haha

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
The Grayland Open has now been made a 2 day event with a Motosurf event added now for Sunday August 7th, with a possible Big Air comp in between race heats that is still being decided and worked out. It is going to be bigger and better this year!

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
I'm going to try and come down this year... As long as the ski is running unlike last year!
It will be the first ride in the surf ever! What kinda water temps are expected?

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
Ya about that to high 50's.. I was wearing board shorts, a rash gaurd, glove for grip, and my Jetpilot boots last year.. the water felt good, of course it was 94deg F at 4pm that day still.. very rare and pretty much awesome weather for out there.. Normally I wear my 2/3 full wetsuit and slippery tour jacket with my gloves and boots out there..

rasper99

Freighter wake hunter
Ya about that to high 50's.. I was wearing board shorts, a rash gaurd, glove for grip, and my Jetpilot boots last year.. the water felt good, of course it was 94deg F at 4pm that day still.. very rare and pretty much awesome weather for out there.. Normally I wear my 2/3 full wetsuit and slippery tour jacket with my gloves and boots out there..
The high that day broke a record set in something like 1927. Don't expect that again soon :smile:

I'm trying to figure out my holidays this year and I'm definitely come down for greylands with Munki63!

Do most people come down just for the weekend or do they come early or stay late? I'm so excited to finally try surf!

rasper99

Freighter wake hunter
Since there are signs of life on this section (not the thread, one up one level from here) should we get it renamed to GO 2011?

Does Matt have the power?

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
I'm trying to figure out my holidays this year and I'm definitely come down for greylands with Munki63!

Do most people come down just for the weekend or do they come early or stay late? I'm so excited to finally try surf!
most stay for the weekend, but its not a big event yet.... with that said there will be peep riding friday thru sunday most likely.

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
With the Motosurf event and Big Air comp on Sunday, it is a bigger event now.. Last year we got Zack Bright to come up.. Trying again this year for some more bigger names.. Not sure what I can swing this year though.. I will be off that Friday probably out there setting up and riding like last year. I live 40 min from the site so its no big deal for me to get out there.

Ya we need Darin to Change it to 2011 Grayland Open Amateur Freeride Nationals & Motosurf Race Thats why I started the new thread with 2011 hoping it would happen..

Top Bottom