2011 Grayland Open Amateur Freeride Nationals

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
Just a few days from 3 months away!! Word is Zack will be coming back to hang out and bringing his brother Jake to compete, Tanner is planning on coming again also... Should be another great year! Hopefully we can get some of that weather from last year again too!

I can't wait! Me and Munki63 have booked the first two weeks if in august and will be coming a down a few days before greylands. Is there camping anywhere close by or do most guys book a hotel?

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
Most stay at the Westport Inn, they also have a rv park there.. There is also Twin Harbors State Park a couple miles towards Grayland from Westport.. I will get some links up for both of those places..

I plan on taking Friday off and maybe Monday after also, but not sure yet on Monday...

Westport Inn: http://www.westportwamotel.com/ There maybe a discount too, but it's not set up yet for all of us..

Twin Harbors State Park: http://www.parks.wa.gov/parks/?selectedpark=Twin Harbors

Last edited:

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
The website has been updated and modified a bit.. Check it out.... www.graylandopen.com More updates will be coming soon..

Registration will start around Mid-June.. It is also Mandatory Pre-Registration this year.. If you can't register online before there will be an extra $20 fee this year.. We spend too much time dealing with the slow pokes on the day of when we need to be getting the events going, it also gives us a better head count for who is competing and to make up the sponsor packs we do every year... Lodging has been set to the Westport Inn.. Link is Above /\/\ Be sure to Mention you are part of the Grayland Open to get the discount we acquired....

Last edited:
How long does it take to get to the comp. site from portland? Can't make it this year (building my house) but hope to be there in the future. Im sure I can get the whole Central Idaho River crew to come out as well. Looks like a lot of fun! Glad to see events like this, thanks

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
Ya that's about right. I am about 2 1/2 hrs from Portland and Grayland is about 30-45 min from my house. Too bad you can't make it.. It's going to be even better this year with the addition of the Motosurf and Big Air Comps..

Top Bottom