Super Jet 2012 super jet vs 2011 superjet

So the new 2012 superjet is on its way :love: But i have tried to look up a few reviews and I am still pretty new to the world of Jet skis and cant see any diffrence between the 2012 or 2011.

Does any one know if there is any diffrences between the two other than the Paint Job?

Looking at buying on more and have a line on both still in the box but of course the 2011 is cheaper so the dealer can move it fast. But if there is no diffrence Color doesnt really matter to me..

Any help would help me a ton and save me about 1100 bucks :headbang:if they are the same.

Hey buddy,

I purchased my 2011 thinking it was going to be the last year of production of the superjet so didnt hesitate getting it new last year. Low and behold they come out with the 2012.. (darn) and how sexy is that!!!!. However Im a bluey and still very proud of mine. As far as your question goes there is no differance between both skis whatsoever, in fact I dont think their is any diff since 2008 so whichever one you go for in terms of stock performance, it will be the same as the other.

Hope that helps :)

Trotty

Last edited:

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
I'll go out in a limb and say there is probably no difference except color. The did not change from 96-07 when they were more popular than they are now. I cant see Yamaha changing anything since `08 with so few being sold these days.

Just curious, did they say anything about them being for "race use" only? Do they title them in Utah?

I'll go out in a limb and say there is probably no difference except color. The did not change from 96-07 when they were more popular than they are now. I cant see Yamaha changing anything since `08 with so few being sold these days.

Just curious, did they say anything about them being for "race use" only? Do they title them in Utah?

When I got mine (last year) I knew about it when looking online but there was no issue from dealer to customer. In that sense I didnt need to supply evidence to support that im a racer. However since that year its become a lot more strident on the dealer side so ive been told, in that they need to supply evidence supporting that a. you are a racer and b. are using it just for raceing. This is due to environmental factors and 2stroke, for all the fun they are they dump a hella lot of pollutants. Simple answer if the area your purchasing in is hot in 2stroke use expect that legislation to be transferred directly to the dealer + to you. I had no I ssue with getting mine and im not a racer. If the legislation gets enforced i.e police on the beat asking me y im using my 2stroke in the sea "In a non raceing environment" I shall just say Im learning. I feel its still a bit of a vague thing and would be surprised to ever witness this. It is all to do with "lets save the world intrusion from goverment level".

Another thing is warranty on the machines but thats another story.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Thanks Trotty that is what I have heard for the most part that it is just a paint job change up. So I am going to save some do and go pick up the 2011

Atomic Punk so far from what I have heard from the couple of shops that I talked with is that there will be know problem getting them registered and that any one can buy them. That was my first concern was that i am just a rookie trying to learn how not to swollow a ton of water when I try and sub not a pro racer lol but they said it was just a disclamer they had to put on the boat.

Its a disclaimer that covers there own asses, basically from a legal perspective (yawn) they are not supposed to supply for recreational use anymore. All the dealers interested in is makeing the sale so only selling to a racer really limits this. Theres tons of novices and less racers, plus the superjet is more suited for freestyle not raceing. Its really a loada b*!!9cks really mate, dont worry about it.

Get the ski and have a loada fun, happy skiing.

Last edited:
Hell yeah that is what I am talking about Not a lot of surf in UTAH haha but we have 3 lakes 30 min from my house and we take them to lake powell alot so I am more of a flat water crasher not rider haha But still have loads of fun and look foward to putting the whoopin on my long time buddy that only rides the Kawi 800's but I bleed Blue in all of my toys so Super Jet it is

"so I am more of a flat water crasher not rider haha"

That all part of the fun lol. Theres not a lot between the two I know the kwaka's got the bigger lump, it depends what u lean more towards, flat out raceing or learning tricks. My scenario was that being quite small I wanted something nimble, quick and lightweight. I always learnt on the kwakas (js550's sxi's), so when it came to getting either a sxr or superjet I asked myself what I liked about what I learnt on and what I didnt. I liked learning on the 550's as I had no worries throwing them all over the place but they were a bit sluggish but good fun and a good platform to start with. The sxi was powerful and I liked it a lot. The sxr is quick and is probably slightly quicker than the superjet (stock), buts its just too darn heavy for me and feels too wide in the tray. You will see sxr v superjet forums / videos everywhere whereby its like the adult version of super nintendo v megadrive, they are both very capable machines, but its what game you like to play and that is the decision factor. Or I could just say Superjet beats sxr in every way, yea, that sounds better lol.

Enjoy ur investment buddy!!

My dealer near me has/had no qualms in selling me one and I don't have a race license. I think the main reason yamaha is putting that sticker on there is so that they don't have to put a warranty on the unit, which "for racing only" gives them that right and thus negates them from having to be emissions compliant. Thank goodness the current design is well shaken out and most buyers won't see many if any issues with them.

Top Bottom