Super Jet 2012 superjets!

well first of all i like to say YES!!!! thought they were done making stand ups but once i heard about the 2012 models coming out i just couldnt help checking them out!
they look freaking awesome but what is up with the "for competition use only"? does that someone who wants one for recreational purposes cant buy one? anybody know whats up with this?

D-Roc

I forgot!
for competition use means no warranty out the door. you sign a paper saying that it is yours now and it passed the dealer check list. my banshee was the same way.

As I just said in another thread, Yamaha dealers in NJ are saying you can register them. May just be for this state though. No warranty though? That would make me just want to get a 2011 instead.

D-Roc

I forgot!
no warranty on any competition bikes, quads or now skis. they know what we do with these things and you cannot warranty the abuse that we dish. it wouldn't stop me from getting one.

Last edited:
I know for a fact we have one registered in Ohio....I saw the "comp use only sticker" when I was riding it. I don't think the BMV's know yet!

As I just said in another thread, Yamaha dealers in NJ are saying you can register them. May just be for this state though. No warranty though? That would make me just want to get a 2011 instead.
The sales manager at Riva told me he'll be able to get regies for the 12's for now, but he wasn't sure for how long. Riva accounts for something like 1/3 of worldwide SJ sales, so if anyone is gonna know for sure, it's probably them. I bought my '11 from them the last week of Aug & got one of the last three they had left from a 40+ unit order they had delivered just several weeks prior, so it sounds like I wasn't the only one scooping up a current year model. Then again, I asked him & one of the owners about this a few months ago after Kawi announced discontinuing the SXR, & they said don't worry...Yamaha sells mostly clean emissions 4-strokes so the new regs wouldn't affect them. Even my '11 had stickers on the hood & motor saying "For competion use only...This watercraft does not meet emissions standards for recreational use". Yeah, those were removed immediately.

I think the reason for the "competition only" sales is due to new federal emmissions regs for marine engines starting in 2012 from the :):):)tard braintrust at the EPA. I know NY & CA haven't allowed the sale of 2-stroke skis in a few years, but I think the new standards are coming from the feds & no longer a state to state decision.

Last edited:
The sales manager at Riva told me he'll be able to get regies for the 12's for now, but he wasn't sure for how long. Riva accounts for something like 1/3 of worldwide SJ sales, so if anyone is gonna know for sure, it's probably them. I bought my '11 from them the last week of Aug & got one of the last three they had left from a 40+ unit order they had delivered just several weeks prior, so it sounds like I wasn't the only one scooping up a current year model. Then again, I asked him & one of the owners about this a few months ago after Kawi announced discontinuing the SXR, & they said don't worry...Yamaha sells mostly clean emissions 4-strokes so the new regs wouldn't affect them. Even my '11 had stickers on the hood & motor saying "For competion use only...This watercraft does not meet emissions standards for recreational use". Yeah, those were removed immediately.

I think the reason for the "competition only" sales is due to new federal emmissions regs for marine engines starting in 2012 from the :):):)tard braintrust at the EPA. I know NY & CA haven't allowed the sale of 2-stroke skis in a few years, but I think the new standards are coming from the feds & no longer a state to state decision.

Hey man, congrats on your 2011 SJ :). I bought my 2010 SJ from Riva as well. It seems they are the only dealer in SE FL that still has them. We should get together and ride sometime. For any aftermarket modes make sure to contact Steve with Water Craft Factory, he is the MAN and lives, works and rides in Davie area :)..

P.S. to the topic, yes it is more about their warranty policy. Registration is no problem. They told me, 2010 had somewhat solid warranty, 2011 less (limited) warranty and 2012 no warranty :(.. 2011 and 2010 are identical. i don't know about 2012..

D.

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
As they should be, these machines are polution producing , iceberg melting Ancient POS technology that should not be produced or sold anywhere on earth. California is ahead of there time as always and hopefully soon they will outlaw the use of these machines all together and pave the way to a cleaner more healthy enviroment for all!!!!!

Discusting, load and health hazardous pieces of equipment is what the sticker should read.

Top Bottom