Freestyle 2013 FreestyleFest Info & Roll Call

My buddy and I are coming to this for the first time...what time do people normally start showing up? I see that you'll be at Big Boy around 9 now...but what time do you normally start riding?

Last edited:

RivMan

doing something stupid...
Site Supporter
The Facebook group for the Hot Hole regulars (The "Hot Hole Yacht Club") is calling Saturday the "End of the year blowout". The weather should be perfect for a party out there!

-Rob

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
The Facebook group for the Hot Hole regulars (The "Hot Hole Yacht Club") is calling Saturday the "End of the year blowout". The weather should be perfect for a party out there!

-Rob

High of 79, I remember doing this with a high of 45. Seems kinda early this year.
might be busy with that group of boats, hopefully they dont hog the beach (since some of us have scuppers that will eventually sink us), and maybe they will throw us some wakes.

when you heading out Rob?

Last edited:
Is there a spot to beach a small boat, or should I bring an anchor? I read about soomebody talking about bringing gas out, so I might bring my 12ft flat bottom, load it up with gas, and tow it out.

RivMan

doing something stupid...
Site Supporter
I'm going to guess that the beach will be pretty filled up, but there's always room between boats and on the end for skis that can be beached (Too much current for larger boats).

That being said, PLEASE be respectful with your wakes, and keep in mind that a LOT of theses boats are big money. If you went out and spent 40k on a turn key top of the line everything ski, you MIGHT have 1/4 invested in it as some of these boats. I'm out there pretty often, and these guys have STRONG ties to the local water cops. A little respect will go a long way to keeping us from getting hassled!

Jordan, I'll be launching around noon.

-Rob

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
Is there a spot to beach a small boat, or should I bring an anchor? I read about soomebody talking about bringing gas out, so I might bring my 12ft flat bottom, load it up with gas, and tow it out.

ya depending on how many people are out there. heres a video non hd from a few years ago

and here is something from that yacht club
1003026_578839985488803_1006679027_n.jpg
we didnt follow the wake rules since we were the only was out there. Also in 2011 we had some decent waves coming in!

We might be able to use the beach on the left side of map....

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, sounds like a lot of fun! It doesn't look very far to ride back to the launch from the overhead pic, is there a specific reason why people want to bring gas with them instead of just going back to the launch to fill up?

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
Cool, sounds like a lot of fun! It doesn't look very far to ride back to the launch from the overhead pic, is there a specific reason why people want to bring gas with them instead of just going back to the launch to fill up?

its like a 1.5 miles with idle zones. If you have a 5 gallon tank you will be fine. I only have 2 gallons in the ski.

smusleh

JetSkiExtrm
here is something from that yacht club
View attachment 231339
we didnt follow the wake rules since we were the only was out there. Also in 2011 we had some decent waves coming in!

We might be able to use the beach on the left side of map....

We should definitely respect the rules that the yacht club has established to ensure everyone is safe. Make sure to ride in the jet ski riding area indicated on the map and try to stay away from the shore. I am sure there will be plenty of people in the water and little kids as well, so please be respectful and safe throughout this Freeride.

I am thinking of coming out for the ride. However, my son has a football game in the morning.. If I got to the ride spot at 2:00 in the afternoon would people still be riding?

smusleh

JetSkiExtrm
I am thinking of coming out for the ride. However, my son has a football game in the morning.. If I got to the ride spot at 2:00 in the afternoon would people still be riding?

Yes we are usually there until after 5PM

smusleh

JetSkiExtrm
Breakfast at Big Boy at 9:30am for all those interested in fueling up your belly before we ride. We will the. Head out to the riding spot between 11:30-11:45

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
I'm awake! Ill be at the launch around 11:30. Sorry Sammy we won't make the breakfast this year. See y'all soon.

for everyone else, I'd recommend riding out with some one and not alone, it's not the shortest ride from the launch to the hot hole.

Top Bottom