2013 LSFR April 26-28 Port Aransas (not Crystal Beach? No!)

well of course im normally there so im sure i will be id like to do a flatwater day to say at texoma or somewhere closer being its 14hrs for us to drive to port a. A dallas trip would be nice..

texh20racer

Waterlogged
No. April 19-21st is Moto GP in Austin, can't overlap with that badass event. Also there is a closed course race scheduled for the weekend before on April 13-14th.

Last edited:

964Chris

FREEdumb obtained
I can help with with anything you guys need down this way....I'm here in Corpus Christi. Might consider moving this down to JP Luby Surf Park area. Closer to Corpus. From my experience, waves are a bit cleaner over this way. There is also boat ramp access and a jetty very close. Hotels are very close and the beach is wider with plenty of camping space. just a thought.

We'll be going to wavedayz in virginia beach the last weekend of April. Hope you don't plan it for that weekend.

How much closer to corpus? Port A is already like 3.5 hrs from Houston for me. The boat ramp intrigues me though. Concrete and on the beach? I could bring the couches. Or is it a sand "ramp" my 3 inch lowered Colorado doesn't like those too much

964Chris

FREEdumb obtained
Corpus is only 15-20 min south of Port A. If we do Newport Pass, there is plenty of room to park, camp, bonfire, no fighting with surfers......they hang out by the jetties.

check out Newport Pass, Corpus Christi on google maps. The beach opens up into a big area right there. 5-10 min to gas stations, hotels, etc.

packery channel is right down the beach.....has a concrete boat ramp. Port A is more tourist friendly in the way they have everything setup, but Corpus will be better suited for riding and camping.

Last edited:
Top Bottom