Surfriding 2013 Rickter FS2 EVO

Jobu

Schrickter
Received my black fs2 evo hull last week from TC Freeride. We finished the build last Thursday and I am just now getting around to posting pics. It took us a couple 15 hour days to do this but overall it went pretty smooth. We only had a couple "Oh Sh##" moments. The first one was when we realized that the bpipe was going to hit the ebox, so we had to add a couple shims to the couplers. The second time was after we thought we were all done. The engine started right up and everything seemed good, flipped the bilge switch and nothing. We realized that we had accidentally pinched the bilge wires between the midshaft housing and the hull. After1.jpgAfter2.jpgAfter3.jpgAfter4.jpgAfter5.jpgAfter6.jpgAfter7.jpg
Anyways, I'm running a ported 701 with a girdled ADA head, bpipe with mod chamber, and OEM 44 carbs.

Right on man. Looking good!
How ya like it?
I just got my evo from TC too! Every night after dinner last week this dood disappeared to the garage.
Almost had ebox-headpipe interference as well :eek:
Lucked out w/prob 2mm gap.. Not mch, but it survived a ride w/touching so :)
Got to ride a 1/2 tank or so Saturday.
Taking a lil getting used to it all as it NOT a Sj ;), but I'm lovin the ride of this hull!

Jobu

Schrickter
Right on man. Looking good!
How ya like it?
I just got my evo from TC too! Every night after dinner last week this dood disappeared to the garage.
Almost had ebox-headpipe interference as well :eek:
Lucked out w/prob 2mm gap.. Not mch, but it survived a ride w/touching so :)
Got to ride a 1/2 tank or so Saturday.
Taking a lil getting used to it all as it NOT a Sj ;), but I'm lovin the ride of this hull!

I haven't rode it really hard yet. I screwed my back up right before I took delivery of this helping my dad cut down trees. It almost better so I should be ripping this week. I was riding a fx1 before this and I am loving the stability of this!!! I can't wait to get it out to Lake Michigan in some big waves!

Jobu

Schrickter
How did you route your cooling lines? Shouldnt it be routed straight from the headpipe to the T piece?

I'm only running one cooling line right now, not sure if I need more since I ride in Michigan where the water is usually fairly cool. Water is coming in to the exhaust manifold, the rear head is going to head pipe and then out the chamber to a pisser. Water coming out the rear head T's off to a pisser and the water box.

Jobu

Schrickter
My exhaust chamber is running too cool. I measured 118*F after riding it around the lake for awhile. Lake water temp was around 60*F. 2 of the 3 adjustment screws are closed, the adjustment screw on top of the head pipe (the only one that is easily accessible) is out 1 turn. I will probably close it a half turn and see where I'm at. I have been told that if you splash water onto the chamber is should lightly sizzle, I'm a long ways from that!! Both cylinder heads were measuring around 138*F.

Top Bottom