2014 FreestyleFest Info & Roll Call

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
Smusleh has asked me to take the reigns this year, due to his work schedule. So here is the official ride info:

Freestylefest 2014 will be held on October 12th.

Where: Bolles Harbor in Monroe, MI. (AKA "The Hothole")

When: Sunday - October 12th, 2014

For those that dont know, the Hothole is a small area of water that the powerplant empties there cooling water into. This keeps it unseasonably warm through cold weather. This is usually one of the last chances to ride in Michigan. Don't worry about it being cold the water temp there is enough to keep you warm!

Freestylefest is all about meeting new people, talking about riding and maybe learning from the experience. And above all...being safe and having fun.

I'm sure there will be a couple boats at the hothole for us to do some wake jumping as there is every year. Just remember to be safe.

***PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE WAKE JUMPING ETIQUETTE THREAD***

http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/...ht=safe+riding

DIRECTIONS

Take 75 to the Laplaisance Rd. exit (#11). From there go straight across Laplaisance Rd. onto Waters Edge Dr. Follow that back to the parking lot and that is where we all put the skis in. From there just ride out of the no wake zone into Lake Erie and stay far far far away from the edge because of real thick seaweed, and then go straight into the Hothole. (DO NOT cut the corner, you will bottom out!!!) You can't miss the tall powerplant tower.

HOTHOLE MAP

attachment.php

attachment.php

In the past years a few of us usually meet up for breakfast the morning before the ride at 9:00AM. Comment on here if your interested in Breakfast and we can work that out.
- We usually meet at the Big Boy located off I-75 South at Exit 15 Dixie Hwy, Turn right, and Big Boy is on left side about 50 yards from the exit. Can't miss it.

Roll call...Please post if you are going participate in this freeride. Also let us know if you are bringing a Boat as we could use some for fuel cans and scissor stand hauling.

Last edited:

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
Roll Call:

N3vrSat1sfied
Talon
SpaceCowboy- Jetmate (fuel hauler)
Clouse22
Draggingto
MikeyB- Soft Commitment
Lonewolf04- Soft Commitment
SuperN8- (possibly with boat)
cgibso14
Johnny
Airblair
crazychick21
schicks
Brandon
Durhamgoat
JuvyD
Fro Diesel
SwannySXR
Awolf
MotoX (possibly with boat)
Rowley
ndh5 +1

Last edited:

Draggingto

No Clue
I will be there regardless of the date. I had fun last year because there where actually people there and it was kind of warm. The year before that it was cold as hell and hardly no one came out.

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
I will be there regardless of the date. I had fun last year because there where actually people there and it was kind of warm. The year before that it was cold as hell and hardly no one came out.

its tough call between the two, want people to come, but at the same time the ride is suppose to be one of the last few of the season due to the warm water making it bearable.

in 2011, it was freezing. So cold I was worried if the ski would start. But we went out anyway. Lit a fire on the beach, had a few beverages, and laid in the water with wetsuits on to stay warm (water temp was warmer than the air temp).

Draggingto

No Clue
its tough call between the two, want people to come, but at the same time the ride is suppose to be one of the last few of the season due to the warm water making it bearable.

in 2011, it was freezing. So cold I was worried if the ski would start. But we went out anyway. Lit a fire on the beach, had a few beverages, and laid in the water with wetsuits on to stay warm (water temp was warmer than the air temp).

Im close enough that i would be good to do it twice this year LOL. Like i said earlier, its always a good time regardless and i will be there with one of my skis if not all of them.

im in for riding and breakfast. will have the bob and the wr3, wr3 can probably haul some stuff if needed. im builing a jug rack for the back of it.

Draggingto

No Clue
Hell yeah, i will need a jug hualed down for sure. having this midget tank kind of sucks LOL. It took me a half tank to make it from the launch to the beach at wave rave haha. Hopefully luke(@SpaceCowboy) will be a badass again this year and have the jetmate there!!!

ell the current rack supports 4 5 gallon jazz racing jugs. my bob has a 2 gallon tank so i will need one jug for myself. the other 3 spots for now will be open until people get dibs.

Draggingto

No Clue
Ill take a spot on the rack @j0hnny. I've got a small tank too.

If luke brings the jetmate im sure we could find someone to pilot it. Hell ill throw the Chan on the back of it and drive it over lol.

thats 3. 1 spot left. ill bring empty cans. just incase your guys's dont fit or something. and they will have stickers with ur screenname so u know which one to grab

Draggingto

No Clue
which chan did u have at rave?? and ur in. so i have 2 more spots for cans for anyone that needs fuel.

I had the bright red and black chan. It spent a lot of its time on the beach lol. I'm still getting used to it and the short plate combined with the waves sucked. Plus I suck and am much better at standing on the beach drinking beer lol.

Top Bottom