2016 SuperJets

Never gone up and checked that area out, you ride Pleasent mostly in Arizona huh? I usually go down to dirty saguaro but just moved to the west valley and look forward to getting to ride the cleaner water haha.

We ride Pleasant for quick day trips, our favorite is shore launching at Lone Rock Beach up at Lake Powell and Body Beach at Lake Havasu.

Parker and havasu are amazing... Funny because every time I go to havasu I also ride in Parker but when I go to Parker I always get stuck riding there because it's so much fun. Maybe I'll see you around world finals!

Parker and havasu are amazing... Funny because every time I go to havasu I also ride in Parker but when I go to Parker I always get stuck riding there because it's so much fun. Maybe I'll see you around world finals!

I think we are going up to Lake Powell the weekend of the Finals this year. We have not been at the lake much this Summer, bought another house and have been completely remodeling it for the last couple of months, then sold our other house, moving, unpacking, etc. - it has been weeks of suck. So we need to cram in some weekends of lake time when our new SuperJets arrive before the water gets cold.

Well our local dealer could not get them in stock as soon as they thought, so I called up Kommander Industries and they had 4 in stock already, so I bought our 2016 SuperJets through them. The COOLEST part is our two 2016's are Serial # 001 & 002, they are the 1st and 2nd 2016's built on the assembly line :cool:

2016%20Superjets_zpsfjbe2uca.jpg

Last edited:

ItsRixter

SoCal Wav Jumping shiznit
As long as your standup is 2006 or newer it meets the 2006 EPA Emissions Standards, so it's all good.
Huh? SJ are two stroke carbed motors which do not meet 2006 EPA and are not allowed on Powell and Meade. If they are letting you ride, its because they aren't monitoring it correctly. They are looking at the 2006 and newer skis should conform to new EPA standards and seeing your registartion as 2016 then assuming it's okay. Im not complaining here...just jealous. If what you are experiencing was in fact the rule, we could get/ buy Superjets in CA since 2006. That is not the case, so I still have to get my SJ's in AZ and register them in CA after a few years. Brother lives in AZ so its easy

Last edited:
Huh? SJ are two stroke carbed motors which do not meet 2006 EPA and are not allowed on Powell and Meade. If they are letting you ride, its because they aren't monitoring it correctly. They are looking at the 2006 and newer ski should conform to new EPA standards and seeing your registartion as 2016 and figuring it's okay. Im not complaining here...just jealous. If what you are experiencing was in fact the rule, we could get/ buy Superjets in CA since 2006. Meanwhile I get my SJ's in AZ and register them in CA after a few years

Here is an email I sent to the Park Service up at Lake Powell last year and their reply:

To whom it may concern:

We normally go up to Lone Rock Beach each year to ride our stand up jet skis. I read about the two-stroke ban that is in effect and the 2006 emissions standards. Our two stroke stand up jet ski's are 2006 & 2008 models, both have manufacturer stickers inside the engine compartment that states "Meets 2006 Emissions Standards for Marine Engines" & "Meets 2008 Emissions Standards for Marine Engines". I want to make sure before we book our vacation to stay in Page, AZ that we will be able to ride our ski's when we enter the Lone Rock Beach Ranger Station. I would be extremely upset if we drove 5 hours from Prescott, AZ and we could not ride our stand up jet skis and wasted hundreds of dollars on a Hotel. I look forward to hearing from you and appreciate your time in replying to my email.

Sincerely,
Dan

betsy_scroggs@nps.gov; on behalf of; GLCA Carl Hayden VC, NPS <glca_carl_hayden@nps.gov>

Your PWC engines meet the 2006 emission standards for the EPA, therefore they are permitted on Lake Powell.

Glen Canyon Information Response
Glen Canyon National Recreation Area
Rainbow Bridge National Monument
PO Box 1507
Page AZ 86040
928-608-6200
www.nps.gov/glca

Now read this, it clearly states what can be ridden and what cannot be ridden, 2006 and new SuperJets are compliant with the 2006 EPA Emmissions Standards - SXR's are not:

http://www.nps.gov/lake/learn/management/twostroke.htm

All Yamaha models 2006 and later and the below Yamaha PWCs have an emission level compliant with 2006 EPA standards.

Then you can see where they say no go on the SXR's:

All Kawasaki models 2006 and later and the below Kawasaki PWCs except the SX-R (stand-up) have an emission level compliant with 2006 EPA standards.

ItsRixter

SoCal Wav Jumping shiznit
That is so funny, the gov- go figure. You are so lucky, its awesome. But when you wrote those letters last year you didnt own a 2006 or newer superjet according to your thread. So what ski's were they answering back?

There are two stroke Fuel Injection skis which are allowed like the Gp1300r, but anything w carbs kill the deal from an EPA standpoint

Please post the 2016 Superjet EPA sticker from the engine compartment! I'd would love a reason to upgrade to a 2016 :)

Last edited:
That is so funny, the gov- go figure. You are so lucky, its awesome. But when you wrote those letters last year you didnt own a 2006 or newer superjet according to your thread. So what ski's were they answering back?

There are two stroke Fuel Injection skis which are allowed like the Gp1300r, but anything w carbs kill the deal from an EPA standpoint

Please post the 2016 Superjet EPA sticker from the engine compartment! I'd would a reason to upgrade to a 2016 :)

Back then we had a 2006 SXR 800 (Wife's Ski) & 2008 SuperJet (Daughters Ski), I left my 2000 Modded SuperJet at home , but they both had EPA Emissions Labels that stated they met the respective requirements. The 2016's now say Closed Course Racing only under the hood, but based upon the posted: All Yamaha models 2006 and later and the below Yamaha PWCs have an emission level compliant with 2006 EPA standards. - We are still good to go.

Top Bottom