24-7 backflip 7mm lamey build

Fused togather today.Im playing with a coating on the inside,its a prepreg stainless hightemp coating.It does work,if u heat the inside with a heat gun it takes twice as long to get hot vs no coating.There are 3 coats and its strong stuff.Its made for plastics and resin so its sticks well.Not cheap and its for aircraft use.Next step is triming down the pipe and wraping it one more time with 4x4 then the last rap of kev/carbon hybrid cloth.

Attachments

• Picture trim setup nice 006.jpg
    Picture trim setup nice 006.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 135
  • Picture trim setup nice 003.jpg
    Picture trim setup nice 003.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 130

hangtime

Speak up ,don't kiss azz
I've seen Bens work in person and it looks impressive .
If he didnt live in the shiatty northeast I would say open up a shop .

Not many people can say they've hand built as many custom parts as Ben has except maybe for professional ski builders .

It will certainly be a huge amount of satisfaction knowing he built and /or assembled everything himself .:fing02:

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
I have to be the first to say-w/he 1st started talkin bout all this, I thought he might be building a Sanford & Son ski-BOY WAS I WRONG!!!
I am totally freegin amazed at what he has done and really-in a short time frame!!! It would take Jeff Curry years to get this project done-LOL
Hats off to Ben

750SX

DO IT
I have to be the first to say-w/he 1st started talkin bout all this, I thought he might be building a Sanford & Son ski-BOY WAS I WRONG!!!
I am totally freegin amazed at what he has done and really-in a short time frame!!! It would take Jeff Curry years to get this project done-LOL
Hats off to Ben

Well said. Ben has done a heck of a job so far! I would love to see his ski in person when it's finished.

Thanks guys,u will be seeing my lower decks soon.Mold being made as we speek.It will be a -3 deck,chimed,taller strakes,carbon tubes..firewall.Im usesing this hull im doin now for testing,then a carbon copy will be made with my desired resin and cloth.

wydopen

onthepipe
I've seen Bens work in person and it looks impressive .
If he didnt live in the shiatty northeast I would say open up a shop .

Not many people can say they've hand built as many custom parts as Ben has except maybe for professional ski builders .

It will certainly be a huge amount of satisfaction knowing he built and /or assembled everything himself .:fing02:

not to be a stick in the mud but id wait to see if they hold up before you guys get too excited :ugh:

Last edited:
There for me guy,no one else.I wouldnt sell hulls i dont want to be responsible for injuries ect.If one of my friends wants one than thats one thing but as far as purduction to others sorry.You are a stick in the mud...threw this build u only chime in when u want to complain.Nobody is getting excited because there not for sale..uless i do the proper testing.Let me be the judge of what holds up and what doesnt,dont throw up a post daming me from the start.But thanks to everyone else that motivates me to progess to the next level.I am doing all this work out of my basement and not alot of money,There is only a handful of poeple doing quality work around the world.Yes im nobody special but i am trying my best to progress the sport with what i have,and spending what little cash i have at the moment for high doller resins and cloth to build this stuff.Will i build a hull. Yes i will...Will it hold up?Yes..it will haveto..if it doesnt ill spend everything i have until its right.So when i read u posting (LETS SEE IF IT HOLDS UP) those words are nonexistent because the final peice that people get to see would of passed with flying colors ..or i wouldnt ride it myself.

wydopen

onthepipe
There for me guy,no one else.I wouldnt sell hulls i dont want to be responsible for injuries ect.If one of my friends wants one than thats one thing but as far as purduction to others sorry.You are a stick in the mud...threw this build u only chime in when u want to complain.Nobody is getting excited because there not for sale..uless i do the proper testing.Let me be the judge of what holds up and what doesnt,dont throw up a post daming me from the start.But thanks to everyone else that motivates me to progess to the next level.I am doing all this work out of my basement and not alot of money,There is only a handful of poeple doing quality work around the world.Yes im nobody special but i am trying my best to progress the sport with what i have,and spending what little cash i have at the moment for high doller resins and cloth to build this stuff.Will i build a hull. Yes i will...Will it hold up?Yes..it will haveto..if it doesnt ill spend everything i have until its right.So when i read u posting (LETS SEE IF IT HOLDS UP) those words are nonexistent because the final peice that people get to see would of passed with flying colors ..or i wouldnt ride it myself.

your selling exhaust tubes and handlebars w/o testing them..that all im saying..i dont think someone would be happy if they installed a carbon exhaust tube in their new ski to have it crack in the first five minutes behind the bulkhead. or have some handlebars sheer in half and gouge you in the stomach...i think its cool your making your own stuff...hopefully it holds up to all those cool hood tricks and side flops :wavey:

Last edited:
Top Bottom