Other 3 in 1 Stand, Dolly, Trailer/Rack

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
I'll try to find someone in the area with a lifted truck that I can do some fitting on. Larger tires would help but I might have to add a drop to the rack with the truck lifted so much. How high off the ground is your trailer hitch?

Have an axle tower & bigger tires that quick release/pin to the bottom side kind of like the handle does.. I can picture it, but tough to describe other than that way...

Very cool. I have recently started to run my ski on a carge rack and the only thing I am concerned about is the axle clearance when coming in and out of parking lots. Can you make the front part detach with the wheels still connected ??? A winch on the handle may make easier for one man loading. Again very cool.

IMO and this comes from me making and selling over 40 hitch haulers at $175 each.

#1 People are way to cheap to spend $850 on somthing like this. You would be shocked at the amount of people who have a hard time spending $175 for a Rad Dudes Hauler.

#2 I like the idea but with different cars and very different hights it will change that points for loading and unloading. and on a small (ford escape) SUV and a slopped driveway I have draged my hitch hauler and your setup had that whole extra axel hanging under it.

#3 With a hitch hauler and a cheap wood cart you can load and unload with 1 person in mins very easy. and in any truck, suv or car you can back into the water to unload. The cart is only needed in non ramp areas. and if you are driving a truck you will always have room for a beach cart in the truck or suv.

#4 Single Haulers like this are only good for 1 ski, and most people dont ride alone. Dont get me wrong i use my hitch hauler all the time but to have $850 tied up in one i could buy a 4 place trailer. Once agian PEOPLE ARE CHEAP

I have been using the cart for about 6 months and have only scraped once pulling out of a very steep parking lot. The ground clearance is an inherent problem with this design. I have contemplated making the axle section removable but I believe it will take away from the structural integrity. If you have seen the big foot carts they have a similar removable section and they are flimsy. I appreciate all of the advice and improvement ideas and will continue to make the cart better. They key is getting the price down while making a quality piece. Unfortunately, I don't think it will be possible (without going to china to have them make it) and I refuse to sell something that is a POS. When the final version is complete it will probably be pricey, too pricey for people to buy.

EDIT: Twinturbostang, I just read your post and I agree with you completely on all points. Many people are on a budget and make their own. I believe that selling the cart for profit is not possible. At this point I will draw up some plans with measurements and post them so people can make their own if they wish. I will continue to improve my cart and share my findings.

Last edited:
Lilracer94 Dont give in you are the man . You can make this for a good price and a quality product and if I need to buy one from you to prove it. I will.

Sorry a little cheer leading going on, see I am not a jack ass ALL of the time.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
I think you should offer them at a price that works for you. Offer them as a custom build and if you never sell one, who cares, you have nothing invested.

A beach cart and a hauler can easily cost 500-700 seperate. I am not in your target market, I bought my big foot for $150, but someone paid $500 for it new. There is a market. Not everyone is cheap and buying used.

I do agree with the problem of custom fab. I have a harbor freight rack I have used to carry my ski and it drags the driveway hooked to my Silverado. Your design would not work for me, but I have a very steep driveway.

Anyway, I am sure there is someone out there that would buy one, but you'd probably only sell a few for a minimal profit. Don't tie up anything in inventory, and it might be worth your wild.

yes everyone on here is super cheap when buying from the actual brains behind the product. you need to sell your idea to Blowsion and take a lump sum or something. Everyone and their mom will then be happy to fork out $850 because it will come with a Blowsion sticker! Great design. bring a handful to the freeride. they will sell

I am defiantly going to see this project to the end. I still have to take it around to some fab shops. Its on the list of things to do. I might try and sell some to watercraft superstore. I will also have mine at the free-ride for people to demo. I might have 1 or 2 made up to sell. I ordered the following winch setup today from amazon (link below). It has a ratchet lever type with approximately 270 degrees of rotation. I decided to go with this type because it should be able to mount directly to the removable handle with minimal modification. If I get the kind that can rotate 360 degrees I would have to raise the mounting location so the crank handle could fully rotate (or it just wouldn't be able to rotate fully). I will let you know how it works.

http://www.amazon.com/Dutton-Lainso...=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1319304900&sr=1-1

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
yes everyone on here is super cheap when buying from the actual brains behind the product. you need to sell your idea to Blowsion and take a lump sum or something. Everyone and their mom will then be happy to fork out $850 because it will come with a Blowsion sticker! Great design. bring a handful to the freeride. they will sell

HAHA Exactly, Carter!! My wife bought me a new Bell helmet last year, it was identical to the one I got at Walmart, only it had a Blowsion sticker and cost $50 more.. haha

Lilracer94 Dont give in you are the man . You can make this for a good price and a quality product and if I need to buy one from you to prove it. I will.

Sorry a little cheer leading going on, see I am not a jack ass ALL of the time.

Ya Don't give up yet! Work out the kinks and make it work well.. Don't just hand it over cause then someone else will take the idea and run with it!! They will profit off your hard work..

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
looks good! you could cut down the costs with bulk metal, but IMO, a winch is king! I just added one to my bigfoot, and its the best now! If you need a bigger truck, hit me up, I am a few min away from you and my truck is on 20's and I have to lift it high to get it from my cart to the hitch hauler

Top Bottom