Custom/Hybrid 300 SX Builds

Someone go and buy this immediately! http://nashville.craigslist.org/boa/2050482547.html

Stand Up Jetski 300 Jet Ski kawasaki - $180 (goodlettsville)

Date: 2010-11-09, 8:41AM CST
Reply to: sale-jnfmh-2050482547@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

jetski forsale good for parts or fix it only needed a battery but the was a year ago so its been sitting a year call 6155193946

Unfortunately thats a different 300 than the one we're talking about in this thread... Thats the JS which is the same hull design as the 550. The SX is the one you're looking for. It looks like a shorter version of the 650 SX.

Melmack - I'm out here in CA sorry...

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Thanks. Maybe I'll weigh everything and see before I do the swap. I know the 44 shaft itself is about 3 times the weight of a 750 shaft. The exhaust is much heavier than stock, and the power gains for even a stock 650, 750, 800 are double or tipple. Have you been close to flipping that ski as is? Not that thats what I'm going for but I would like a real world comparison in power. How bout some video of it in action?

Haven't tried , the engine is set up way forward, not where it needs to be for a backflip boat

Hopefully starting mine this weekend.
300sx with 750sx pump tunnel glassed in as far back as possible
fully reinforced w/ glass then carbon over that
701 from wetjet with lightened flywheel,msd enhancer,factory pipe
tubbies, footholds,custom handlepole mounted up front,reshaped nose
remove foam replace with lightweight, 9/17 swirl
not sure on gas tank 550 maybe, waterbox smallest & lightest??

Melmack

(Timothy)
Just called that guy. Hopefully it doesn't sell today and I'll be picking up his pipe.

BTW, I'm looking for a 300sx pipe. If anyone knows where I can find one arround 150 or so, please let me know asap. I'm looking for the Kerker but might consider the Mariner if the price is right.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
If there is any money in parting that thing out maybe I'll go pick it up for you and strip it for parts. Not sure what the rest of those parts are worth though????

Finally got a garage again where I can get back to work on this project! I completely stripped the 300 hull and began roughing out where the SJ hull will be cut and where the 300 hull will be cut.

I'm headed to Harbor Freight in the morning to get a grinder and some cut off wheels to start chopping tomorrow afternoon. The plan right now is to save as much of the SJ bottom deck to see if I will be able to use it all the way up to the motor mount section.

I'll post pics after all the chopping :)

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 96
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Had a long but productive day today. Got the SN chopped up and almost ready to start final cutting. If you've ever had to de-foam a ski, you can appreciate the work that went into this thing today.

Now I have to decide how far I wand to cut the SJ hull to fit into the 300SX... I know I want to at least use it up to the firewall for the bearing housing, but I'd love to use the stock SJ motor mounts and glass them in somehow to keep everything square and in line...

Thoughts????

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 91
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 86
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 98
Since we are on the topic of 300SX builds anyone know what happened to the 300SX build Dan Fitzgerald from JETWorld was working on like a year or two ago? I dont know if he ever finished it but might be worth the time to give him a call and find out!! Maybe he would have some ideas and input

I actually work for Dan. Ya he finished it. He ended up putting a 550 reed motor in it. It ran ok, but I think he said it was under proped. He mentioned that he'd wished he had put a bigger motor in it. Maybe he'll get around to it this summer...

Melmack

(Timothy)
I just made some major progress on my 300sx build today. Thinking of gathering all the picks and starting a build thread. This ski is definitely one of a kind.

Here's my ski:

CIMG6186-1.jpg

Here's what Ive done so far. Look carefully. Can anyone guess what's in place of that ole 440 pump?

21.jpg

The beauty of this thing is that it practically bolted right up. Next is the motor hop ups. Gonna see what we can get out of this 300 before we try a bigger motor.

Last edited:
Top Bottom