300/440/550 300 sx timming mod

I keep hearing that the timming can be adjusted to make more power on the 300sx but cant find any info on how to do it can someone please point me in the right direction. Ski has a 38 super b & n 650 gasket mod and two stage reeds. I'm trying to get as much free power as i can while I collect parts for a 650 pump and motor swap. So if any one knows any other tricks feel free to let me know.

i would get a prop intake grate and ride plate first ur gonna need all that with the 650 motor anyway

prop is really the single biggest differance mod you can do

when you put o a better prop you can really feel the differance

Thanks for the info I'm putting a 650 pump in when Install the engine. I have a prop its a solas 16 10 I'm reluctant to try it because I think its more of a top end prop but I dont really know prop pitches so I could be wrong

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Thats really too much prop for a 300 and don't mess with the timing, you will end up blowing up a very expensive starter clutch if you do.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info wfo sounds like you might have done it before. I'm having new issues now the ski runs its self out of gas about 2 minutes after I start it and wont start back up. If I prime the carb it will fire back up run for about 2 min and die again. It has a 38 sbn that I took from a dual carb setup for my 650 and a fuel pump from a x2 (my sbn doesn't have a diaphragm on it uses a external setup) I have never used a external fuel pump like this but when I fired it and pulled the fuel line it is definitely pumping.

Top Bottom