300/440/550 300sx FIXED STEER, BLUNT NOSE, SWOOPED REAR BUILD

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
I got another 300SX hull to play with so, here we go. The plan is simple, Yamaha engine and pump, partial Superjet pump tunnel graft, adding tubbies to the front, shorten and blunt the nose, fixed steering,filling in nose and reshaping, swoops added to the sides of the gunwales. Its coming along quite nicely.

Attachments

• trailer 075.jpg
    trailer 075.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 133
  • trailer 072.jpg
    trailer 072.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 124
  • trailer 077.jpg
    trailer 077.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 131
  • trailer 074.jpg
    trailer 074.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 125
  • trailer 076.jpg
    trailer 076.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 125

WFO Speedracer

More swoopiness, I also erased an offending body line with my magic eraser.

Attachments

• trailer 078.jpg
    trailer 078.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 125
  • trailer 079.jpg
    trailer 079.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 110

WFO Speedracer

you work on your skis on the ground in the dirt??...must make for some sanitary layups...

Yeah I see your point ,I should really find a nice clean , sanitary place to grind SMC , pour foam and Styrofoam into dust , where exactly do you see glass being laid up at, I don't see any yet ?

WFO Speedracer

I cut the hole out for the steering and drilled the mounting holes for it as well, I also removed 90% of the paint with a razor blade. Most importantly though I put the ski on a shop stand, I cannot stress the importance of putting the ski on a shop stand enough. The whole build hinges on this being done on a shop stand.

This is not just any shop stand it is a specially made watercraft shop stand , powdercoated white with large casters for easy movement of the ski, These stands are made for watercraft to sit on on the shop, hence the name shop stand, if you have any questions about the shop stand please feel free to ask away.

Attachments

• trailer 082.jpg
    trailer 082.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 99
  • trailer 081.jpg
    trailer 081.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 100
  • trailer 080.jpg
    trailer 080.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 148

chad

I pretty much love beer
Site Supporter
I cut the hole out for the steering and drilled the mounting holes for it as well, I also removed 90% of the paint with a razor blade. Most importantly though I put the ski on a shop stand, I cannot stress the importance of putting the ski on a shop stand enough. The whole build hinges on this being done on a shop stand.

This is not just any shop stand it is a specially made watercraft shop stand , powdercoated white with large casters for easy movement of the ski, These stands are made for watercraft to sit on on the shop, hence the name shop stand, if you have any questions about the shop stand please feel free to ask away.

Too funny

waterfreak

I had a vision!
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
your so called watercraft shop stand is uneven thus creating an illusion that the nose is higher than the rear. that is unacceptable in the watercraft custom industry! :)

WFO Speedracer

your so called watercraft shop stand is uneven thus creating an illusion that the nose is higher than the rear. that is unacceptable in the watercraft custom industry! :)

Damn good thing I am in the Watercraft repair industry then isn't it ?
I stand by my stand even if you can't stand it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom