4 stroke FX140 in SJ

texh20racer

Waterlogged
I got bored with a FX 140 4 stroke engine and empty RN so I thought I would answer the question no one was asking. And yes it fits, without most accessories, gear reduction, or coupler but with the gas tank in place. Now someone else actually do the swap, it would be unique.

Attachments

• 101_4913.jpg
    101_4913.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 130
  • 101_4921.jpg
    101_4921.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 87

texh20racer

Waterlogged
The HO version has 160 hp and turns 10500 RPM but has a reduction gear to bring it within range. As for weight as it sits is prob. 90-100lb.

texh20racer

Waterlogged
The fx 140 had 140 hp but the HO version is the same external size but with a a bigger bore and a few tweaks giving it 160hp. Now why they still called it a 140 HO instead of fx160 is a mystery.

vitaly

Анархия - мать порядка!
I got bored with a FX 140 4 stroke engine and empty RN so I thought I would answer the question no one was asking. And yes it fits, without most accessories, gear reduction, or coupler but with the gas tank in place. Now someone else actually do the swap, it would be unique.
Sorry, but I don't think that engine belongs in a stand up. Maybe Rotax tripple would be a better choice, but still... I would not do it.

Waternut

Customizing addict
That is a heavy some b*tch!! When I shipped my 750 in a similar stripped down condition, it weighed about 50 lbs.

No doubt it's a cool idea but far from practical.

nokfir

ihave a fx 140, never thought it would be a good standup engine. thats a wierd 4 stroke it has top end but its bottom power is kinda :):):):)ty. at leastit does in the actual fx hull

Top Bottom