Other -4 Superfreak Titan Build

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
I haven't seen enough Titan threads or pics so hopefully this will help anyone out with one or wanting one. I am upgrading from a old WCF hull owned by Lucas and I chopped -2 off the rear and widen the rails and loved it, but it was time to move on. I rode Jetmaniac's Freak and Yamasluts freak and decided on -4 for my length. I have been dealing with the guys from Thrust and they have been helping me out big time. I want to be back in the water ASAP so I ordered the hull with turf, front foot hold, X metal pole all ready to go, so its all up to me to do the rest. I plan on transferring my setup from my old SJ based ski and replacing some older parts.

Got the hull home from Thrust

got the old pole stickers off and front bow eye installed

Throttle and trim cable run, new Rhass mounts in, and a Jetmaniac Midshaft installed. You can see the Front foothold as well

First problem I ran into was the Protec pipe I have been running for years wont fit! It will not let the ebox fit at all and once it is in, it only leaves a finger gap from the pipe to the rear lip of the hull, so it has too go and a B Pipe is going to take its place.

As of now I am waiting for replacement parts and time, I will work on the steering and such until I get the pipe and new drive shaft I need

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
Thanks Kohl

Tonight was slow, the RRP fat bar setup would not bolt right up to the X Metal pole mount. The OD was 1.0 of the RRP and the X metal was 0.9 and then the stop pole had to be milled down .1 as well to match and not rub

Attachments

• IMG_8271.JPG
    IMG_8271.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 184

Kohldanielzimmer

Sierra Nevada Runoff Rider
Site Supporter
I had to do the same thing on my xmetal pole for the RRP steering. It is worth it though. Great steering setup. Are you running straight fat bars or risers?

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
I had to do the same thing on my xmetal pole for the RRP steering. It is worth it though. Great steering setup. Are you running straight fat bars or risers?
I sure hope so, I had a older x metal setup and the bearings never lasted so I went to Teflon DIY bearings I made. I am running risers on mine, so I hope I don't have to chop up the carbon chin pad too much

I could be misremembering but I recall reading to never use anti-seize on Headpipes due to the changes caused by heat making it counter productive. Might want to read up on that information once you get it all fixed.

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
I could be misremembering but I recall reading to never use anti-seize on Headpipes due to the changes caused by heat making it counter productive. Might want to read up on that information once you get it all fixed.

I looked up the specs for the stuff and it said it was good up too 1400° but the dissimilar metals may have played a big roll with corrosion. They do make different compounds with copper, aluminum and so on though

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
Well the day is saved! I tried to heat the bolt and use vice grips and only made it worse. My buddy Jason tig welded a nut to the remaining bolt and we managed to get the bolt off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 142
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 138
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 142

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
image.jpg image.jpg On the Titan the ebox will hit the b pipe and I already had the ebox mount drilled, so I made a offset braket to move the box over and use the holes already in the tray. I also got all the hull fittings in, problem is the hull is thick!!!! Not much play for the bilge and pissers.

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
Nice ski and build. Once u own/ride a Freak everything else will be compared to it. Good choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
Worked on the trailer today and got my pole and controls situated. Came up with a pin setup for my freak that I hope will hold up. I still will use straps and tie downs, pin is just for the boat ramp to get it on quick

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 86
Top Bottom