300/440/550 440 just shuts off?

TB

NOTHING IS EVER PROMISED
ok a buddy of mine has a 440 and he was telling me today of a problem he's having

start the ski up ski runs fine..idles fine..revs fine and after about 45 seconds or so it just shuts off

what could be causing this problem??

he said fuel is flowing just fine...

stator??
cdi??

I think the poor ski is probably just tired.

Actually I like the idea of Start/Stop swithch problem. Can you disconnect the stop circuit on the 440's like you can on a SJ?

I had one that had water in the electrical box & the internals were bad. caused similer problem
spark + fuel + compression = engine running

x2 on the ground wire to e-box

go get a manual & start trouble-shooting, sounds like ign to me

Conquistador

B-Saw
Site Supporter
I think the poor ski is probably just tired.

Actually I like the idea of Start/Stop swithch problem. Can you disconnect the stop circuit on the 440's like you can on a SJ?

yes you can. They are basically identical on kawi's & sjs. Well, I know you can on 550s so I'd think that the 440 can too.

I think it just sounds like you have a exhuast leak i had one on my old 550 and it caused me so many problems simlar to yours

Seond that - this would be pretty obvious and I'm guessing you'd notice, but I had a leak where the exhaust entered the waterbox, so after a little bit, especially if I wasn't at speed, the ski would fill up with exhaust and the engine would die.

Seond that - this would be pretty obvious and I'm guessing you'd notice, but I had a leak where the exhaust entered the waterbox, so after a little bit, especially if I wasn't at speed, the ski would fill up with exhaust and the engine would die.

exhaust leak makes sense. when i dies bring it to the shore, take the hood off and try to start it. if it starts and runs you have an exhaust leak. if that isn't it, sounds like your cdi cutting out. happened to me but again the exhaust leak is more plausible.

Top Bottom