550 Ebox explanation link?

i want to inspect a 550s ebox, just wana get pointed in the right direct to start my education on these specific eboxs. i suppose all 2 stroke ebox are the same, maybe even all 4 stroke

maybe u feel like explaning thing to me here, now? thank you if you do.
id like to know about the factory set up
then about what mods ppl do ( since mine has mods ive been told) total loss ignition,

I know i have a customs ignition, since i can control if the plugs fire or not by a custom switch on the pole

I would buy a service manual for the year ski your working on. It will give you all the tear down and maint info you could ever want. Best money I spent.
Plus you don't always have access to the internet and when you do,you won't always get a quick response

The switch that keeps the plugs from firing is the kill switch. It just grounds the ignition coil. Thats standard. Total loss ignition, means there is no charging system (as far as I know). That would suck since you'd need to charge the battery before every ride.

Not aware of any other mods to the electrical system. There are mods to timing but thats a mechanical mod.

Personally I wouldn't mess with timing or any other ebox mods if they actually exist.

Useful mods would be rear exhaust, better pipe, better pump, carb upgrade, more comfortable bars, larger cylinders, etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom