300/440/550 550 flat deck fixed steer project

trash_status

SUPPEERRRRR Jeetttten !!!
So i went to The dmv today got the regi in my name today, slapped some stickers on the ski and went riding!

I must say Im in love! Only thing she's lacking is more brap!
Btw for all that are wondering about the hood. .. She holding up not cracks yet!

NICE! looking for a 550 to do this too lol did you have any issues with the steering cable being opposite i.e. turn left and the nozzle turns right? that happened to me with my SX, and is there enough room in the engine bay for the steering cable??

trash_status

Anyone interested in this ski i don't want to sell it, its a blast to ride will sell with a 650 and the parts to swap, the 650 is missing the exhaust manifold, starter, and stator bolts. i have the block, pipe w/ elbow, 650 regulator and adapter plate to put the 650 in. Asking $600. the 550 in it is rebuilt.

I got another project ski for the winter this one has to go.

naticen

Site Supporter
Sounds like it could be worth the money, but it will be hard to sell such a one off ski. Cool build though. How's that hood come off? I guess it is still connected with wires and cables but you can lay it next to the ski?

trash_status

Sounds like it could be worth the money, but it will be hard to sell such a one off ski. Cool build though. How's that hood come off? I guess it is still connected with wires and cables but you can lay it next to the ski?

This is correct. Pulled the 550 out yesterday,dropped in the 650. fits real nice!

Its not reallly one off, it's just a 550 with a stem and flat deck. Looking at getting a 550 and doing this though lol how fun is it?

naticen

Site Supporter
I have yet to see any flatdeck fixed steer 550's in my life. The only flatdeck 550 I have ridden is my own and although I have seen a few I still consider it a one off.

550's are a rough market. They are 1st timer skis that people don't want to try something that radical. The die hards like them for what they are without hull mods.

Someone will come along that wants it but I would just hold on to it. Unless $600 will change your life, at the least, it will be a nice back up ski. I guarantee it is fun and that 650 will only make it better.

Top Bottom