300/440/550 550 runs like crap when hot

Ok,
so I got my 550sx running great after replacing the exciter and pulser coils. but after I rode it for a little bit it ran like crap and didnt even have enough power to get me on plane. At first it ran awesome and made tons of power. then I got half way around the lake and it started to bog and not make much power. I let it cool down and then it ran great again until it got hot. the pisser is pumping tons of water through it and is spraying a strong stream. I am running 50;1 premix and I have minimal mods, pipe and thats about it.
does anyone have any idea why this would be happening?

Thanks,

Luke

yes. so would faulty coil wires or a clogged filter, etc.

if you could be more specific than "started to bog and not make much power", youd get a better response to your question.

in other words, does it gradually die down to less power? or is it a sudden loss of power? does the engine radomly pulsate? when you hit the throtle, does it sound like its asping for air or maybe trying to burn off excess fuel?

the world sucks without details ;)

I dont think it is timing because it will run great for while and then instantly have no power. it doesnt pulsate it is a steady bog. It seems like it is electrical to me, but it might not be getting the proper amount of gas either. I just replaced the coils and it was pulsating with the bad coils at WOT, but that problem is gone.
When I was troubleshooting to find the coils i messed extensively with my carb low and high adjustments. Would them being out of wack cause this problem? if so, where would a good starting point be to get them back in check?

Top Bottom