300/440/550 550 to 750 conversion

I recently got a 1986 550 hull for $50 that came with the pump, drive shaft, water box, and only a few other miscellaneous parts, and i have a complete 750ss that i am using as the donor ski since the hull went bad. I cant use the 750 mounts in the 550 hull so i am getting 550 mounts. I also don't have a 550 engine plate, just the 750, and i was wonder what the easiest way to drop this engine in was? I really don't want to spend more than $200 for the whole build. any ideas

professor961

Selling all X2 and 650 parts - message me!
Dude there are tons of threads on this. You sound like me back in 1990 when I bought a stand up for 150 bucks, without an engine.
You do need a 440 / 550 engine bedplate, and you need the adapter plate. Jetcraft Engineering made the adapter plate back in the day and the real McCoy and knock offs are all around ebay.
You can use the entire 750 electrical system if you want, but the SS start stop switch won't go all the way up the handlepole. Get a 750 stand up start stop switch for that.
For exhaust and exhaust manifold, you have to run 650 Kaw exhaust.
The exhaust manifold might have to be cut back in the bracket area to get the pipe to fit.
Again, there are tons of threads. Start shopping for a bedplate and an adapter plate.
In the end, you'll be in for way more than 200 bucks, but it will be worth it.
Prof

the conversion plate will be about $100 plus shipping opp ebay the bed plate will be cheap as well as the engine mounts .. why not put up a parts wanted ad and see if someone here can help you out with your parts .. I have a 440-650 conversion I built last year runs great !

Top Bottom