SXR 6.6 Gallon Fuel Tanks

All kidding aside, Iam interested in you making me a tank for my 750. I'll even buy a used 750 tank and send to you for design purposes. Your tanks are incredible!! Pm me if interested...

You can shoot me a pic, although one-off or very small runs of tanks are much more expensive. Just don't think there would be enough of a market to make one. I had a hard enough time just selling 10 of the SXR 800 tanks. I wish I had my own laser and press brake! I could definitely make them cheaper then...

Can someone tell me if it's normal for my SXR to run like it's starving for fuel when low on fuel and still the same when I put it on reserve? I thought reserve was actual fuel supply, but mine acts like it's stalling even on reserve.

It's looking like I've got enough interest to make another batch of 6.6/7.1 gallon SXR tanks so if you're interested in one I will be placing part orders early next week. Hopefully will have a few ready to go within 2-3 weeks.

The 7.1 tank can only be used with a rear waterbox and was designed primarily for the 1100. The 6.6 can be used with the front waterbox and was designed to fit the 800. They could be used with either the 1100 or 800, really just the waterbox location is the limiting factor.

Messed with the fittings on my tank what type of sealant should one use ?

I picked up this stuff, it wasint cheap. https://www.supplyhouse.com/Hercules-15811-Megaloc-Thread-Sealant-32-oz

91f70502f045d1c73e1e903a5eb650fb.jpg

For some reason the thread preview never showed another post after mine... I ended up leaving 7 pounds in it while at work all day came home to a warm 8-9 pounds on the pop off guage figured that was good

For some reason the thread preview never showed another post after mine... I ended up leaving 7 pounds in it while at work all day came home to a warm 8-9 pounds on the pop off guage figured that was good

That shouldn't be a problem, I've had 10-15 psi in them before without any issues. The aluminum sheet can start to bow out a bit on the larger flat areas but the welds hold up just fine. If anything, you just slightly increased the fuel capacity. 6.601 gallons!

Any chance you still have one left?

I'm all out of the 6.6s. Haven't had any interest in a while. If I can get a few people signed up for one I would make a small batch. I do have 7.1g tanks in stock though if you wanted to switch to a rear waterbox.

Top Bottom