$60 Hitch Hauler

I'd been using my hitch hauler for years until yesterday. I back in far enough so that the water is at the halfway point of my back wheels. (Chevy Silveray-do). I thought heck, my tailgate would be 6" off the water so I threw the ski in the bed. Can't believe I never tried it, much more relaxing to haul it around and I don't have to go up every driveway sideways like an rice burner with a body kit.

n0limits

makin' power
I made my own hitch hauler for $60 and even used a 1/4" wall tube which is most likely overkill but the peace of mind is nice and I have 10' of 1/4" 2x2 angle left over.

I'd been using my hitch hauler for years until yesterday. I back in far enough so that the water is at the halfway point of my back wheels. (Chevy Silveray-do). I thought heck, my tailgate would be 6" off the water so I threw the ski in the bed. Can't believe I never tried it, much more relaxing to haul it around and I don't have to go up every driveway sideways like an rice burner with a body kit.

if you dont use your hauler any more i will gladly buy it from you

I wonder how a hitch hauler would work on a car. I'm getting a hitch installed on my car in a few days and I believe they just bolt up to the bottom of the truck. I worry about the leverage. On a truck the receivers and hitches and everything are so much more beefy. Anyone ever tried it?

I wonder how a hitch hauler would work on a car. I'm getting a hitch installed on my car in a few days and I believe they just bolt up to the bottom of the truck. I worry about the leverage. On a truck the receivers and hitches and everything are so much more beefy. Anyone ever tried it?

Most likely the weight of the ski will bottom out the car springs or give it the low rider look, if your pulling with a car I'd suggest using a trailer with a long toung and minimal toung weight so scooting the ski back.....

n0limits

makin' power
You may be likely to pull the bolts of of the trunk. Cars are made from pretty thin uni-bodies. There is a lot of leverage from a hitch hauler and a few bumps in the road won't help either.

n0limits

makin' power
If its not sealed well water can get in it. I am able to get mine in the water and back on without getting the diff wet.

There was one on sale at princess auto for $40 last week with a capacity of 500lbs. I was tempted to get it but not sure if I trust my skis life on something made in China

Hitch haulers are great.... I trust my skis life to hauler made by a drunk in Jacksonville Fla....:)

Top Bottom