FX-1 61X Dasa 850

I've had very good success with my 61x based ss865 ( http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/104032-61x-scream) and came across a good deal on a Dasa 850 top end and thought....why not?

If it works even nearly as well as my 61x-scream does, I'll be thrilled.

The cases need some pretty extensive mods to support the 850, but in some ways are less severe than the 62T cases. The 61X has a little more "beef" in certain areas than the 62T. Here's a shot of what has to be removed based on using the base gasket as a guide....

IMG00023-20120522-0812.jpg

The cases were epoxied, bored, and flycut before the porting began. Here's a couple shots of the case porting prior to final finish....

IMG00026-20120604-2030.jpg

IMG00025-20120604-2029.jpg

IMG00024-20120604-2029.jpg

Here's looking down the barrel at how the porting lines up with cylinder...

IMG00027-20120604-2030.jpg

IMG00028-20120604-2031.jpg

With many Thanks for Chris at JetManiac for a quick supply of crankshaft and seals, I hope to have it together and running shortly and I'll post results.

ntrsspray

I do DUMB THINGS!!
Pics do SpecialFX work no justice either. Can't wait for the go-ahead test ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the motor put together and it's ready to drop into something (probably my Frankenstein FX) for a test run. If the temps drop enough to make it hospitable in the shop, maybe soon......

Couple more pics during assembly:

IMG00030-20120629-1212.jpg

IMG00031-20120629-1212.jpg

that is a sweet set up I'm glad to see someone using the 61x cases to make big power, do you think that single 46 will be enough carb for that motor considering most people run dual 46s on this set up?

that is a sweet set up I'm glad to see someone using the 61x cases to make big power, do you think that single 46 will be enough carb for that motor considering most people run dual 46s on this set up?

I think it will. It works perfect on my ss865 setup and I'm jetting this motor the same as a starting point....guess we'll see soon!

Christian_83

Xscream
Do you have both setups now, 61x 865 Xscream? and the 61x 850 DASA? Im cruious to hear a Back2Back test. A few guys in the UK says that the DASA is massively underpowered compared to the Xscream 865 :)

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
Do you have both setups now, 61x 865 Xscream? and the 61x 850 DASA? Im cruious to hear a Back2Back test. A few guys in the UK says that the DASA is massively underpowered compared to the Xscream 865 :)

I don't know about massively underpowered, but the xscream is a 7 port cylinder and the dasa is a 5, that is one difference for sure. It also depends on what carbs and intake, pipe tuning, carb tuning, case porting. etc. etc. There are a lot of variables.

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
The bottom end on the Dasa is a bit weak...u gotta have it spool up faster with either a light flywheel or a low pitch prop and/or a PFP. The Dasa's don't come alive till u get those PV's open. After they pop...hold on. The magic bullet is a power factor pipe.

Last edited:

Christian_83

Xscream
Yeah im aware of that, but if the 2 engines were setup up, same ignition, carbs, exhaust and pump/prop. I would love to see/hear or try the diffrence.
It seems that alot of people means that 7 port makes way more power than 5 port, how is that? And why did DASA go from 7 to 5 port?

Looking forward to hearing how this runs..
I'm running the same carb/intake on my mild 61x, but plan to build something quite a bit more exciting while keeping it x cases, single 46/wet jet intake.
"must have dual carbs, and t cases" orrrr not ;) Cool to see another SERIOUS eng combo with some "undesirable" parts ;) love it!
Lightened oem/charging fw too. woot!
subscribed

Last edited:
Top Bottom