62T bottom 61x top price question

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
I offered the guy a core price pointing out the head gasket

It was not well received.

Thanks for all the help folks! On to the next one
The problem is there are fools out there that will give him his asking price, he knows that , he just has to find one guy, don't be that guy.

Last edited:

WFO Speedracer

Like @Quinc said, if you don't have a ski yet you're better off waiting for one that's complete. Piecing one together will cost far more in the end especially if you don't have parts already laying around.
Yes and no , in my case much cheaper to build one but then most people don't have the kinds of parts laying around that I do either and they defiantly don't have the kind of patience that I do .

What most people have that I usually don't is the free time to build a project , mine time is all used up by being sold to others by repairing their skis , that pretty much comes to an end this year because other than quick service repairs here are over with , from here on out the bulk of my money will be made buying and selling skis and parts , which means I will finally truly be working for myself.

Last edited:
Old Superjets that run have had their price bid up more than the value of its parts. Dumb kids are easy to sucker and (almost) none of them stay around very long. It takes some time and a ruined hull/engine (or two) before they figure it out.
If a person knows how to repair, he will buy parts. And if he can't repair, he will buy a used Superjet. Sellers take advantage of that.

Hi everyone :)

Yes and no , in my case much cheaper to build one but then most people don't have the kinds of parts laying around that I do either and they defiantly don't have the kind of patience that I do .

What most people have that I usually don't is the free time to build a project , mine time is all used up by being sold to others by repairing their skis , that pretty much comes to an end this year because other than quick service repairs here are over with , from here on out the bulk of my money will be made buying and selling skis and parts , which means I will finally truly be working for myself.
If you wanted to create your own project, you would take the time to do so. It's just that you're more interested in selling and buying. That's neither good nor bad. I hope you enjoy what you do.

WFO Speedracer

If you wanted to create your own project, you would take the time to do so. It's just that you're more interested in selling and buying. That's neither good nor bad. I hope you enjoy what you do.
No it's more of a I still have to pay bills even though we are in a really sh!tty economy, now guess what one of the first things to go is when either gas prices skyrocket or the economy goes belly up, yep you guessed it , recreational activities, I have been in business long enough to understand this, if you are not or have not ever run your own business then you have no understanding of this.

BTW it's pretty clear I have made some time to do at least a few projects , thing is when you have the money , you don't have the time, when you have the time you don't have the money and so it goes..

Last edited:
I think your cheapest route would be to find a mid 90s sitdown with a 701 or 760 in it that doesn't run. You can buy the complete ski for 2-300 bucks not running. Pull the engine and have 8t rebuilt. Then you'd already have electronics, mounts and carbs for your standup build..

No it's more of a I still have to pay bills even though we are in a really sh!tty economy, now guess what one of the first things to go is when either gas prices skyrocket or the economy goes belly up, yep you guessed it , recreational activities, I have been in business long enough to understand this, if you are not or have not ever run your own business then you have no understanding of this.

BTW it's pretty clear I have made some time to do at least a few projects , thing is when you have the money , you don't have the time, when you have the time you don't have the money and so it goes..
Yes, time is constantly short, I agree. And it's slowly running out.

HarryConnolly

Site Supporter
The problem is there are fools out there that will give him his asking price, he knows that , he just has to find one guy, don't be that guy.
That’s why I’m very grateful for this forum

When I started building Harley’s a decade ago it took getting railed on deals for years before I finally started learning how to go about buying and building poop. I thought like the old school biker honor system was a thing, took like 2 JB welded panheads to realize everyone sucks unless you get into a community.

Thanks for being so welcoming and helpful friends. Truly appreciate it. I’m saving so much time and energy. You all rock

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
I’ve got a complete 760 freshwater oem crank and pistons if you’re interested.
626577ae8ff2e51c93cc42bd792cdcb2.jpg

145/150 compression
Carbs just serviced and T handles added
Popoff lowered to 45psi
Ebox looks brand new, probably never opened til today.

$1200 shipped

Top Bottom