Super Jet 62t impossible to tune

LOL, once i started i couldn't walk away. Here; check out this drawing..

http://www.novi-tec.com/images/installationmanuals/seadoo/DS-XR-P9.pdf

DS-XR-P9.pdf

ok well the first big difference is the fuel lines from the pump to the carbs, both outlets on this one are tee'd together then run to the rear carb which feeds the front carb from the other side.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
popoff too low, 1.5n/s and about 38-40psi, 72.5-75 low, 135 high and both around 1 turn.

Last edited:
popoff too low, 1.5n/s and about 38-40psi, 72.5-75 low, 135 high and both around 1 turn.

the popoff was at about 35 psi before with 1.5 n/s and it was doing basically the same thing. the only reason i changed it was to see if it would alleviate the hesitation. i put a 140 main jet in the return line where i can easily remove it tomorrow on the water. so i guess i will see what happens with that. worst case that doesn't work i'll buy some new carbs and get rid of that remote pump.

also i typoed on the first post the mains are 135 not 130.

:Banane09:update!!!!

finally got this thing pretty close to right today. i took a 140 main jet(biggest i had in my parts kit) and put that in there last night. when i started it on the trailer today it was acting really weird but the throttle seemed more responsive so i drilled that 140 out with a 3.5 mm bit and took it out to the water. after about 45 mins of tuning it's hopping out of the water like i think it should.

after i got it set where it is i pulled that jet out of the return line and it fell right on it's face like it had been. put it back in and it's running strong. it's probably a tad too rich right now but my wife wanted to ride and i was tired of screwing with it so i'll fine tune it this week sometime. it ran great all day :bananapowerslide: and my wife was loving it.

IN2-H20 thanks for the input and if you are ever in Greenville NC you'll be drinking for free!!! :beerchug:

Top Bottom