62t swapped SN

str8pinned

SHAKE & BAKE
Just swapped a 62t into my SN. currently running the stock 650 exhaust that was port matched to the cylinder. The water lines come from pump to lower manifold, manifold to head, there’s also a flush hose on one of the manifold ports. My question is the 62t head has water port on the other side of the head pointing at the fuel tank, do I run that with a flow control valve out as a pisser and also tie in the 1/8” exhaust line to it?

If it’s stock water routing otherwise ( not dual cooling) you won’t want to run that to a pisser I don’t believe. I can go look at a 650 SN and see how it is plumbed to refresh my memory.

I use a flow control valve to limit water into the water box on my skis. Maybe there are multiple ways to use them.

be_lain

Currently sending it
The 62T head is set up for a couch pipe. So the water outlet on the head pointing towards the bow would ordinarily face the other way on a 61x head and go to the exhaust midpipe. I would not dump that overboard without adding a tee and running a line to your exhaust midpipe.

Also recommend installing helicoils in the 62t cyl to adapt to m8 hardware instead of drilling out. When you drill out the manifold to accept m10 it doesn’t leave you with a lot of material as a mounting surface for the head of the bolt.

bored&stroked

Urban redneck
Run both outlets to a T and have the T's single line feed the pipe if you want stock.
I've never ran a stock 61x exhaust unless the entire setup was stock, but on any other pipe I just run one pisser to the pipe and the other strait out the ski.

Top Bottom