Super Jet 62t vs 61x

piratelife

Frandsen works
So i searched this already and didnt come up with any good results...........Soooo im looking for some input.....im running a 62t and a b pipe with a blaster mod chamber and the thing hits good. Im not buying that the 61x cylinder hits harder...............How about some feed back.........Thanks

Dmac80sc

Site Supporter
So you are running a 62 t cases and cylinder? I haven't felt the difference but the 61 cylinder has different ports so it makes for better low end from what I hear. How much I dont know.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
The 61X cylinder hits harder off the bottom, but the 62T has better midrange and topend.
The difference is noticeable.

tmc9046

Semper Fi
I had a 61x in my last boat and am now running a 62t top and bottom. There is noticeable difference but it is not a huge difference. If you wanted a little more bottom end 61x cylinders would do the trick.

piratelife

Frandsen works
I have ridden other superjets with the a b pipe and the 61x cylinder and my motor hits harder? It really suprised me. So do u guys think running the blaster mod chamber with the 62t cylinder helps get some bottom back end? since when factory pipe made that chamber they did it with the 62t cylinder.........Thanks all the imput is appreciated

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I have ridden other superjets with the a b pipe and the 61x cylinder and my motor hits harder? It really suprised me. So do u guys think running the blaster mod chamber with the 62t cylinder helps get some bottom back end? since when factory pipe made that chamber they did it with the 62t cylinder.........Thanks all the imput is appreciated

The Blaster came with a 61X topend, not 62T.

JustinB

Proof I has a brain \l/
I have a 62t/62t engine in my square with a B1 Mod pipe. I prefer the power curve of this setup over that of a 61x/62t SJ Limited pipe setup. But I am not into doing slow flatwater tricks. I like to play in the surf and off wake. I have great bottom and midrange, and can still pick on couches at top speed. The bottom end of this setup is very similar to that of 61x top-end SJ's I have ridden.

Last edited:

piratelife

Frandsen works
I have a 62t/62t engine in my square with a B1 Mod pipe. I prefer the power curve of this setup over that of a 61x/62t SJ Limited pipe setup. But I am not into doing slow flatwater tricks. I like to play in the surf and off wake. I have great bottom and midrange, and can still pick on couches at top speed. The bottom end of this setup is very similar to that of 61x top-end SJ's I have ridden.
I really like this set up also and its cool to see that someone else is enjoying it also..........I have access to both cylinders and im building a few diffrent motors right now.....But im just not sold on the 61x cylinder the port matching is horrible and it lacks transfer port volume............I was forced to run these when i raced expert superstock and we had problems with transfer area....The 62t has much more meat and to me it seems like it has just as good hit off bottom.........Note the cylinder im running now is completely stock with stock carbs.cdi.and reeds........im running a pro tec head 35cc domes with 155 psi and a 13/17 concord..............Thanks again for the input

Bend your concord a little and it will hit even harder. The 62T cyl makes less power from idle until the pipe starts working (4500 rpm). This is only felt as response since little thrust is made at low rpm. A 62T makes more power and thrust on the pipe. People have problems with high port cylinders when they are over propped and like to fan the throttle. Low port cyls are more tolerant of poor tuning, high port cyls need everything just right. One of the most responsive/powerful boats in our group has a high port 760 cyl. It also has the correct prop and ignition to make it work. Adding prop load reduced power noticeably.

Top Bottom