650 6m6 cdi work with a 61x 701?

My cdi craped out on me in my blaster,swaped in a 650 6m6 yami cdi,now the ski runs,but i was wondering if the ignition curve is the same,will it run as good as before,are they compatible with 61x 701 setups

wonder where my dales bad attitube cdi was raised to as far as rpm,the ski deffinatly ripped.

where is the best place to send a stock cdi for moding,bout how much$. IS a msd any better than a modded stocker cdi? Couple our guys here added msd inhancers to all the reg mods including mod pipe, ada head, and concord props and couldnt tell any diff at all with the msd or without?

SUPERTUNE

Race Gas Rules
Save your $$, then buy a REAL ignition!! Advent cdi, Wax Racing cdi, Digital MSD-TL.
Why buy a pipe?
Why buy impellors?
Why buy any performance parts?
If you get a real ignition and tune it for the right curve...that's the treasure chest of horsepower!!

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
the msd enhancers give hotter spark and more timing down low in addition to the higher rev limiter.

the downside is they are EXPENSIVE now. like $250 new. not worth that in my opinion.

the other ignitions mentioned here are nice, but even more expensive, and the results you get per $$$ will be lower than the rest of the mods you can ad.

the cheapest is a modified stock unit, some folks even advance the stator timing a bit as well.

pro-tec might modify the stock units, there was someone on here that was doing them for $50 or so, the instructions for modifiing them is posted on here.

you COULD do it yourself for even cheaper.

wonder where my dales bad attitube cdi was raised to as far as rpm,the ski deffinatly ripped.

where is the best place to send a stock cdi for moding,bout how much$. IS a msd any better than a modded stocker cdi? Couple our guys here added msd inhancers to all the reg mods including mod pipe, ada head, and concord props and couldnt tell any diff at all with the msd or without?

yep.. i advance my static timing between 2.5mm-3mm

i just rebuilt my red boat at 2.75degree static advance and adam (tink's) boat at 2.00deg static advance.

it's just a poor man's mod tho.. you REALLY cant hold it WFO with the psi and timing i'm running. i've been advancing my timing like this for years, and this last motor is the first one ive ever toasted, but we think that was just a crank failure anyway... not deto or nothing that woudl be timing induced.

that said, i do want to try wax's ignition system next time i have some ching floating around to spare.

2.75 degrees or mm's????

i usually do this as well with a stock cdi, but with the enhancer that I just put into my boat I set the timing at stock this time..

however the static advance was the mod that pulled my squarenose together and made it run the way it was SUPPPOSED to..

meatball

User Title Unavailable
chucky, I know that this is probably debatable, but are you saying the for a stock 650 (in my case), I would get more hit by upgrading to a wax or advent ignition then by getting a b pipe? Considering possible options...

How much is the wax and advent?

I want a good reliable surf boat some im staying with msd inhan or stock 61x,Ill have to ride it and see if I can tell a diffrence,Any one got a stocker that is modded

Top Bottom