300/440/550 650 hop up on a budget.

onesojourner

I use a thumb throttle.
about a year ago I was given a complete x2 from a guy on the other site. :cheer: so its all there (or mostly there are no electics) and its in peices, motor, pump everything in peices.

this post is concerning the motor only. what should I do with it? I want this ski to be cheap. under a grand if possible or close maybe 1500. this is going to be a flat water ski. the head has some pitting so that will have to go. what should I do to it. what pipe ect.

Attachments

• onesojournersX2.jpg
    onesojournersX2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

cookerq62

Life's Been Good
I would get a 44sbn from a single carb yamaha. The stock jetting in the 650 yamaha should be pretty close. The mikuni manifolds go on ebay dirt cheap all the time and so do single 44's . I had a factory pipe on my 650 and there wan't much of a gain. Get a umi steering setup instead. Adet16v has it on his x2 and it is night and day.

cookerq62

Life's Been Good
single 44sbn, someone still makes the intake manifold for these not sure who though but you can find them on ebay for cheap. Pick up a yamaha single carb cable bracket too, the one that goes under the carb. It makes hooking up the linkage easy. There is a thread on pwc2day that talks about modding the stock pipes cooling lines to gain some power. Also I heard you can gain some power by getting rid of the aluminum elbows that are on the stock waterbox and upgrading to newer style ones that are 90 degree rubber hoses. Check your motor mounts and your impeller clearence too.

I have a good stator , cdi and relay if you need them , $95 for stator 75 for CDI and 25 for the relay .. oror 180 far everything ... plus shipping ..

Legdragger

Bringing it back
You can't go wrong with a 44 mikuni but a 38, 40 or blue 42 kehien will bolt right up to a newer 650 manifold after you open it up a little with a dremel or die grinder. The Kehiens go for real cheap too. That was all I used on my 650 motors.

I would'nt worry about after market steering that much if you are cheap. Get some good bars with a decent rise and make up a quick steer to help it handle. If you have the non linkage stering cable sleeve the cable with brass pipe to keep it from kinking. I ran the stock steering for a while and never broke anything. It is a little sloppy at the joint but it never affected the way I rode.

I blew up a lot of 650 motors from water in them I never worried that much about a pitted head. I just cleaned it up a little with sandpaper and ran it.

john zigler

Vendor Account
i too have some X- 2 stuff here.

i also have new intake manifolds for teh kawi 650 motor, 44/46 SBN.
and a good used SBN 44 if you need.

zig

onesojourner

I use a thumb throttle.
thanks zig. this project is about 6 months to a year off. got to get a superjet first :haha: . then I will start on this one. this is just the planning stage.

Top Bottom